“Wasted location” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Bowling Green
Milwaukee
“Wasted location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here because we were visiting the Corvette Museum the next day and the motel is adjacent to the parking lot. Our room had obviously been recently redecorated and was in nice shape. It was also quite quiet considering the motel is right up against the freeway. The blanket had wear and cigarette burns and the sheets, although obviously laundered, had some stains. The security lock on the side door was broken.

Breakfast was provided but was quite bad - think of the worst motel breakfast you have ever had. Juice was in a nearly-empty pitcher on the counter and the coffee carafe was empty when I arrived (at 8am). I had to ask for it to be refilled and for bagels. All during breakfast I was regaled by someone behind the counter (not the clerk) talking very loudly on a cell phone in another language.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We used to like this location, because the jacuzzi's were a nice size and the kitchenette was very convenient. But we had to give up on it after this last visit. It's been getting worse over the years, and until some serious changes are made I can not recommend this place to anyone. On our latest visit, our reservation could not be found upon arrival... even with providing the confirmation number. On our way to the room, there were many noticable items that needed to be fixed... window screens ripped, the side door was not locked, and there was a bad smell. Once we made it up the stairs and found the room, some of the signage had been ripped off the door. Once we entered the room, there was the smell of smoke... even though this was a non-smoking room. The frame around the window was water damaged, and showed serious signs of deterioration. The jacuzzi was not clean. There was debris all over the bottom of the tub. The countertops were sticky. The phone didn't work. In order to get the TV to work, I had to move the cable box that had been added, and turn the TV to the correct channel before the remote would begin to work. We didn't venture any further. We asked for a replacement room, and we were told everything was booked. We finally moved back out, and was thankfully and kindly given a full refund.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel room was very clean, although the sheets were obciously well worn. - had small holes in them. The reception was very respectful and the breakfast was adequate. Across from the National corvelle museum which was a bonus. Bed comfortable, and room well kept

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Middletown, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here one night because we were picking up a car at the corvette museum. There is a reason that rooms are only $45.00. There was new carpet in our room, new tile and tub in the bathroom, but the window looked like it might fall out of the wall at any moment! I think that someone may want to introduce them to bleach as well. I got a washrag wet to wash my face and it was black in the center! Eww! The only plus.....no bed bugs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've travelled to places in Peru, Guatamala, Mexico, multiple US states, the Caribean etc. This is the 1st place that I had to leave. From the moment I walked in things looked bad, but after driving all day I thought I could handle it. The manager at the desk didn't think it necessary to wear socks or shoes. The front desk area smelled like a Pakistan restaurant kitchen. On the way to my second floor room I noticed the carpet had not been vacuumed, with dirt and sunflower seed shells on the floor. A window screen on a landing window had been torn but not replaced. Upon entering my room, 2nd floor other side of the building from the front desk, the stench I encountered at the desk continued. The carpet again looked as if it had not been vacuumed in some time. The room was barren with a sunken old recliner and the usual fridge and tv. The window had no screen. The toilet seat's paint was peeling off. The lampshade on one lamp had some sort of funky stain. Luckily enough the manager allowed me a refund and I departed about an hour after arriving. I would stay away from the whole Country Hearth chain. I stayed at one in Pigeon Forge and it was the same, a real lack of upkeep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stopped at this for hotel for its convenient location and it looked OK from the outside, although the grass was very overgrown and lots of litter in the parking lot. Once inside, it took several minutes for someone to come to the front desk after ringing the bell. I asked about a room for the night for one person, and she told me $55 for the room. I had a coupon from the Kentucky traveler magazine for $34.95, but she said she didn't have any of "those" rooms left. I said, OK, but the sign on the front of the building says $39.95/Single... She still tried to upsell me on the room, and I finally agreed on $45+tax.

This hotel is very outdated and just plain in disrepair. The A/C in the room barely worked and was very loud. The smoke detector was hanging down from the ceiling and had no battery in it. The sheets and towels were very thin and stiff as a board. The bed was comfortable enough and it was nice and quiet at night.

The breakfast that they advertise on the sign as "InnCredible Breakfast" was a joke. A better breakfast is served at most city missions. I passed, as I didn't want to get sick from it.

I really didn't expect much from a hotel of this class, but got even less than I bargained for. I would not stay here again, and would advise anyone else to avoid this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The rooms are disgusting and smell. The customer service is appalling and I recommend you not stay here at all cost! We found traces of bed bugs and and the general cleanliness of the entire motel was horrible. Please do your self a favor and stay anywhere but here. Regardless of how close it is to the Corvette Museum. Also I think Meth users stay here to make make meth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family