“Thank You !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1940 Mel Browning Street, Bowling Green, KY 42104 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Bowling Green)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Bowling Green
Fairhope, Alabama
“Thank You !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Mr. D Patel (desk clerk on duty) checked my wife & I out @8:30 am and we proceeded to our destination (Indianapolis) to visit our daughter & grandchildren. Approx. 200 miles later stopped for coffee & food---I reached for wallet or money clip---BOTH GONE! After a frantic search of our car we determined both were left in the hotel room! I then called the Clarion Inn and told Mr. D Patel of our dire situation--he checked the room, & a few minutes called me back ---MR. PATEL TO THE RESCUE !! By FedEx we had both items delivered overnight to our daughter's home in Indianapolis. (cash, credit cards &Drivers license intact! This experience had never happened to me before---We shall continue to always stay _Clarion INNS_THANK YOU. JerryR

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North English
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our stay at the Bowling Green Clarion Inn was perfect. We were in town for 4 Days/3 Nights for Holley's LS Fest 2013 at Beech Bend Park Raceway. Upon arrival, Melissa at the front desk was very friendly during Check-In and helped us familiarize ourselves with the area. The Cracker Barrel right next door was wonderful for our first night's dinner. My group stayed in 2 different Rooms and both were clean and well stocked with Towels & Wash Cloths. All the Beds were very comfortable. Our transportation was my 2000 Firebird WS6 & my brother's 2002 Camaro SS. Both are very nice (Show Worthy) cars. The Hotel's Parking Lot is well lit and had plenty of spots to keep these vehicles, without the risk of door dings or any other damage. The Continental Breakfast provided each morning was wonderful, with everything you could expect for breakfast. Fresh Fruit, Cereal, Yogurt, Fresh Waffle Maker, Coffee, OJ, and much more. We headed to the Raceway on the first day of LS Fest after cleaning up the cars at the Local Car Wash that is only a block away from the hotel. The Raceway is located about 7 Miles away and took a very short 15 minutes to get there. Our second night's supper came from Ryan's Steakhouse which is also right next door to the hotel on the opposite side of where Cracker Barrel is located. The Hotel's Pool Area is a very nice place to relax. We'd didn't ever get the chance to use the Pool, but every morning we did see a Maintenance Employee tending to it and wouldn't have hesitated to swim, if we'd had the time. The only downside to this hotel is its proximity to I-65. The Traffic noise didn't bother me at all, but I could see how some may find this annoying. The most surprising part of our stay came when we had to leave one day early. (We had planned to stay 4 Nights.) When I informed Dee at the front Desk of our early departure, he was more than happy to refund my credit card the amount for the final night's stay, despite giving them virtually no notice. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who will be staying in the Bowling Green Area. My friends & I are already planning to attend Holley's 2014 LSFest. Can you guess where we'll be staying?

Room Tip: We had 2 Rooms facing the Pool and both were very quiet and nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

clarion inn in bowling green Ky, has cracker barrel next door. The beds are very comfortable.They have an out door heated pool. My family enjoyed 3 days stay very much. The rooms were clean, well maintained. The window curtains when shut, create the perfect atmosphere to sleep. They don't let any light inside. The staff is really friendly. They are always ready to assist. I would stay here each time I pass this route, as their prices are reasonable in comparison to other competitors and I feel at home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bowling Green
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Mattress softer than we like and it was hard to sit on.
Location was okay for why we were in Bowling Green however we probably would stay at a different hotel next time we're there, on the other side of route 65.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

There were a lot of mixed reviews on this hotel, so my review is based solely on my experience here in August, 2013. I was given a room on the 2nd floor, which faced the pool, and unfortunately, the interstate. The bright streetlights in the parking lot behind the pool cast a glow nearly as bright as the morning sun, and I couldn't pull the blackout curtains across the window, as they were fixed in place. The noise from the interstate was unbearably loud, even at 3 AM. There was an alarm clock making a strange buzzing sound as soon as I entered the room, which I had to unplug, and the shower constantly made a loud "drip, drip" sound that was audible even with the bathroom door closed. The AC unit sounded like a derailing freight train. I was unable to sleep at all. As several reviewers testified earlier, the rooms (and plumbing) clearly need attention.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the interstate or the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

In this area you will find lots of hotels and lots of demand for rooms, as a result all hotels are asking for over 100/night even if you arrive at 2 or 2:30 in the morning. I was lucky enough to go to this hotel and ask for a rate and surprised by how reasonably it was priced compared to other hotels in the area.

The rooms and the hotel was well kept and clean. The continental breakfast was decent and the customer service was great.

Definitely worth staying at if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have any coupon available for the hotel room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Southeast, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We walked into this property late on July 12 and felt lucky to find an available room in crowded Bowling Green. The front desk clerk was friendly and the room was clean & up-to-date. The internet worked flawlessly and the beds were the most comfortable that we have ever slept in at a hotel. Unfortunately, we woke up too late to try the breakfast, so we cannot comment on that. Overall, we found the hotel to be very pleasant and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!