“Not conducive to a good night's rest” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1940 Mel Browning Street, Bowling Green, KY 42104 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Bowling Green)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Bowling Green
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not conducive to a good night's rest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

There were a lot of mixed reviews on this hotel, so my review is based solely on my experience here in August, 2013. I was given a room on the 2nd floor, which faced the pool, and unfortunately, the interstate. The bright streetlights in the parking lot behind the pool cast a glow nearly as bright as the morning sun, and I couldn't pull the blackout curtains across the window, as they were fixed in place. The noise from the interstate was unbearably loud, even at 3 AM. There was an alarm clock making a strange buzzing sound as soon as I entered the room, which I had to unplug, and the shower constantly made a loud "drip, drip" sound that was audible even with the bathroom door closed. The AC unit sounded like a derailing freight train. I was unable to sleep at all. As several reviewers testified earlier, the rooms (and plumbing) clearly need attention.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the interstate or the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

In this area you will find lots of hotels and lots of demand for rooms, as a result all hotels are asking for over 100/night even if you arrive at 2 or 2:30 in the morning. I was lucky enough to go to this hotel and ask for a rate and surprised by how reasonably it was priced compared to other hotels in the area.

The rooms and the hotel was well kept and clean. The continental breakfast was decent and the customer service was great.

Definitely worth staying at if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Ask to see if they have any coupon available for the hotel room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Southeast, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We walked into this property late on July 12 and felt lucky to find an available room in crowded Bowling Green. The front desk clerk was friendly and the room was clean & up-to-date. The internet worked flawlessly and the beds were the most comfortable that we have ever slept in at a hotel. Unfortunately, we woke up too late to try the breakfast, so we cannot comment on that. Overall, we found the hotel to be very pleasant and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bluffton, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

There seems to be conflicting information on this hotel and I can see why after staying there.
I read the reviews before booking my stay last night. I thought the few poor ratings may have just been the normal complainters in action. So, I booked it and stayed. I can now say for sure as of 7/1513. This place is a dump. Yes, the price is good, the stafff is friendly & the pool is not bad either. But, the room I stayed in was dirty and 20 years out dated. The ceiling was crumbling, the alarm clock was full of water from a drip in the ceiling. There were spots everywhere on the walls, bedding & floor. Then I seen some weird looking bugs on the seat. I too wish I could rate it good, but it's not. I will attach the pictures I took there last night.

Room Tip: Good luck finding one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Don't know how this got a 4 rating but maybe people liked their breakfast the next morning. My husband and I stayed there recently while we were on our road trip. I was skeeved out as soon as I walked in. The reason was that the carpet felt moist and the bathroom didn't seem clean. The sheets on the bed seemed clean and I also checked the mattress for bed bugs. I didn't see any but at this point, nothing would have made it better for me. My husband thought everything was fine but I was itching all night. Let me end this review by saying that it was late at night.

Stayed June 2013
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I got a great deal online and discovered what an excellent deal it truly was. The property is conveniently located just off of I-65. The staff is super friendly. The rooms are modern, clean and cozy. WIFI is free and the free breakfast is quite alright considering the rate I paid. This hotel is a a good choice and an excellent value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Galveston Island, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Once again we tried a 2 1/2 * hotel and should have known it would be subpar. We checked in very late and as we got off the elevator we could hear a baby screaming. I know that happens but we had not checked in and really needed some rest - so we returned to the desk and ask for a different room. Apparently the one we were given had not been spruced up for occupancy recently - dead bugs around the door and mouse droppings behind the bathroom door. The AC had to run for quite a while to get the room cool enough to sleep. The thin towels and the tiniest of tiny shampoo and conditioner were the last of the below average amenities. We would not stay again unless this was the only option. I will note the bed was comfortable - but it could have been because we were extremely tired. Hotel breakfast was about what you expect - not great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!