Returning from a holiday visit with our family we arranged to stop over in Bowling Green which, though not at a mid-point in our two day drive, features one of our favorite reataurants (the Montana Grill....see that review).
In the past we've stayed at the Drury Inn when we traveled with our dog (nice people but the facility is getting a bit tired), at the Courtyard by Marriott (reasonably well appointed, some rooms are clean, staff is a bit cold) and the Fairfield Inn (don't consider it). This time around....again having our puppy with us....we decided to try the Hampton Inn and, as a result, we now have a hotel to add to our favorites list.
For a very competitive price the Hampton in Bowling Green is first class. Parking is convenient to doors located on all four sides of the hotel (which, save for the lobby, are key coded for security). The lobby is very open, attractive and up-to-date and has a good set-up for both visiting and the morning breakfast (also very well done) that's included with your room. The front desk team members are great, efficient and make you feel very welcome. The elevators to the upper floors are located in the center of the hotel so access is easy from anyplace in the interior or from any entrance.
As noted we were traveling with our small dog. From what we can tell the hotel puts guests with pets in the rear half of the first floor thereby providing easy access to grassy areas in the rear of the property and keeping the pet owners and the non-pet owners in seperate parts of the facility. Great plan from our perspective.
The rooms are spacious and VERY CLEAN. Featuring white duvat bed covers there's no guessing if the top of the bed is clean or not (it is). Nice being in a hotel where you can flop down on the bed knowing it's immaculate. The bed itself featured a variety of pillows. Based on zero reaction from our dog there was no evidence than another pet had every been in the room and the room smelled great. Storage is super (end tables and a large dresser under the flat screen) in addition to shelves under the bathroom sink. The modern bathroom....with excellent lighting....contained additional shelves under the sink for your "stuff" so the sink area itself remained very workable. There was a lighted alcove OUTSIDE of the bathroom for the coffee pot, ice bucket, etc. Much to our surprise there was also a safe in the closet. You control the room temperature with a thermostat.
Net/net, we've stayed at some very first class facilities throughout the world and though we're not talking about the Four Seasons here, this was as well done and comfortable facility as we've stayed at for some time. If you're going to be in Bowling Green we recommend this facility be at the top of your list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- the birthplace of American speed...welcome to the Hampton Inn Bowling GreenHere at the Hampton Inn® in Bowling Green, we bet you've heard of our town. You might know us for our quaint and historical downtown. Maybe you've heard our name from the alums of Western Kentucky University. Or perhaps, just maybe, you've heard of another little product made here...the Corvette.At our hotel in Bowling Green, we're proud that our town is the home of General Motor's Corvette Assembly Plant and the National Corvette Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Hampton Inn