Everything other reviewers have written is true. Yes, the beds are somewhat lumpy. Yes, the bathrooms are terribly dated and tired-looking, and worst of all, housekeeping's lack of attention to detail (especially in the bathroom) is rather off-putting.
However, the atrium featuring a waterfall in the lobby is lovely and unique. The room is larger than comparable rooms we have stayed in. The t.v. is a flat screen one, and most of the furnishings (carpet, chair/ottoman, dresser/entertainment console) seem to be updated. There are also numerous eateries nearby, including a 24 hour Steak 'n Shake.
The hotel is undergoing renovations, and this necessarily means that there will be inconveniences. For example, the lobby is accessible only from a side entrance, and those wishing to swim will have to use the facilities at an adjacent property. We didn't take advantage of this offer but saw that others did.
For a one-night stay at the price we paid on Hotwire.com (with a late night check-in on top of everything else), we found the Holiday Inn University Plaza satisfactory. We look forward to seeing the completed improvements if we're ever back in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best of Bowling Green, Kentucky is awaiting for you at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. This unique atrium style high rise hotel is surrounded by the links of CrossWinds Golf and adjacent to the Sloan Convention Center. Fabulous restaurants and shops are within a few short blocks. Bowling Greens unique attractions such as the National Corvette Museum, Beech Bend Amusement Park and Raceway, Ag Expo and Western Kentucky University are all within eight miles. Our convenient location is midway between Interstate 65 exit 22 and historic downtown Bowling Green. Nashville International Airport is just over an hour's drive from the hotel's front door. The interior garden atrium of the Holiday Inn University Plaza offers security and comfort to guests who find their room entry visible from the lobby and the public areas of the hotel. All the guest rooms and suites are extra large, tastefully decorated, and equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, and 40 cable television channels. For your relaxation, we invite you to take a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool or get a work-out in our health club which features cardio machines and free weights. The Hartland CafÃ© offers a quiet atmosphere to meet with friends and business associates as you enjoy an abundant country breakfast buffet. The Atrium Lounge is open seven days a week at 4:30 and specializes in Kentucky small batch bourbons ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Holiday Inn Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Holiday Inn