“It's a good place.” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 31 hotels in Bowling Green
“It's a good place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stay in Bowling Green pretty often because my wife has family nearby. We use the discount websites that don't let you see the hotel name and about two/thirds of the time we end up with this hotel. It is a big hotel meant for conferences so they are not often full. It is clean and the service is good. My only complaints are the mattress felt a little worn (felt the springs a little bit and they kind of tilted to the middle) and the showers are noisy. These details don't really bother me at the discounted price we pay but they might concern me a little bit more if I paid full price.

• Stayed July 2013

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Paris, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our room was very nice and clean. The pool was clean and kept well stocked with towels. The inside of this hotel was very pretty and the night staff that checked me in was friendly as can be. I was disappointed there was not a spa in the pool area. And I don't like they have 2 bottles of $3 water they want to sell you in the room, I hate when hotels do that, and trying to explain to my little kids why they could not drink that water was not easy Overall we enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our 6th floor room with two double beds was spacious with a work desk and roll-away chair, free Wi-Fi, and side chair with ottoman.

The bathroom was clean with large, snow-white hand and bath towels.

There was a bedside radio and a telephone plus a second phone on the work desk.

A choice of pillows covered the bed's duvet.

We thought this Holiday Inn was a good value.

• Stayed May 2013
Ellicott City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my second time at this property and the staff is great and the hotel is very nice. The restaurant staff is very friendly as well. Y The rooms are great and the water fall in the lobby is very nice and creates a nice calming affect

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay! The beds are comfortable with down pillows. The indoor pool was great with the kids watching a storm while swimming! The rooms are spacious and spotless. Breakfast is amazing! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brandenburg, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Let me start this off by saying I stayed at this hotel approx. one year ago. Last year when I went to take a shower I found dirty linen in the bath tub. This year booked this hotel for two nights as I was attending some meetings in town at the convention center. I went to take a shower and found the past guests dirty hairy soap still in the shower, makes me wonder how clean the shower actual was. I went ahead and shower, went to the front desk and told them about the issue, they agreed that was nasty and would make a note for housekeeping to take care of it. Later that same day I went back to my room after housekeeping had beeen in, what did I find but the same soap with the nasty hairs on it still in my shower. I went to the front desk and complained they said it would be taken care of, I went out for supper and was gone for a few hours. When I came back the dirty hairy soap was gone, but who knows if they cleaned the tub properyly or not.

Next day I was running a little behind and decided to just make some coffee in my room using the in room coffee maker, this was a mistake as I looked at the coffee pot I found old coffee stains and a pubic hair!! That was enough for me, I will not stay at this location again, if I have to be in Bowling Green again I will stay somewhere else.

I have attached a couple of pictures.

I should say the front desk staff was very nice and seemed to care, the housekeeping staff on the other hand needs to find another line of work or have some intensive training.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Chris C -
Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. We have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper and we will share the content of your review with our Housekeeping staff and utilize this as a training tool. You can rest assured that this was firmly addressed and won't happen again. That is not the standard of cleanliness we have for our hotel and we find it unacceptable. We believe this was an isolated occurrence and apologize to you for any inconvenience. It is our goal for every guest to have a great experience and we are embarrassed that we didn't accomplish that with you.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to the next time you are in Bowling Green. Should you grant us that opportunity, you can contact me directly, and I will personally make sure you're taken care of. Feel free to contact me at the hotel.
Best Regards ~ Brian ~ GM
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions. The indoor pool keeps the kids happy and the the rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is friendly and their are some many restaurants nearby so dining is easy. Just one thing to know, breakfast is not free, so if that is important, this may not be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Elevators are alittle slow, so if you are going to be in and out a lot, get a lower level room.