“Beautiful hotel, hard beds!” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green, KY 42104   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 31 hotels in Bowling Green
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Beautiful hotel, hard beds!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed one night on our way to Florida. The hotel was very tastefully decorated. Rooms were nice, however the beds were very hard. They did have a little dial on the side of the mattress to adjust softness....we did not feel any difference at all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

On a recent business trip to Bowling Green, I selected the HGI because they offer a very consistent (and good) standard for mid-priced hotels.

The front desk staff was friendly upon check in but the restaurant staff was rather indifferent. The breakfast was pretty good but the evening offerings were less so. There are quite a few (mostly chain) restaurants nearby and I would suggest that you avail yourself of those. The location is a couple of miles off the freeway and very near the Bowling Green general avaition airport which I was made aware of when a jet took off at 3:30(!) in the morning and woke me up.

The room was typical (good) HGI with a very comfortable bed and a complete set of Neutrogena tolitries in the bathroom. Everything in the room was in good physical condition. The TV was a flat-screen with a modest selection of basic cable channels and with HBO and the local network channels in high-def. The wired (wireless is also available) Internet was fine most of the time but one evening became slow and kept disconnecting about every 10 minutes or so. One little annoyance was that the A/C could not be set to run the fan continuously along with the A/C.

This is a pretty good choice if you need to be in the Bowling Green area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed here one night while on a road trip. The hotel is well located and near many restaurants. Our room was large (we had a suite as I knew we would have friends visiting us). The staff was friendly and everything from check in to check out was fine. We ate breakfast in the restaurant - good value for a nice breakfast that is a combination buffet and hot breakfast made to order.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stayed here for two nights for business just last week. The hotel is located right across the street from the Sloan Convention center so this is an excellent place to stay if you are attending an event there as I was.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful each time I encountered someone from the front desk, to the cleaning staff, to the bartenders. The rooms were spotless, modern in design with comfortable beds.

The gym was small, but well equipped with 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and weight equipment. The hotel is also located on a side road off the main road through town, much of which has a sidewalk so it would be easy to get in a 30 min run without much traffic.

I did not eat at the hotel, but the bar has a nice selection of beer and liquor. The Double Dogs Chow House is within walking distance, a burger, pub type place. We enjoyed a good buffalo burger there. Also, if you are in Bowling Green be sure you drive out to Chaney's Dairy Barn for grilled cheese and ice cream! It is an easy drive about 10 miles from this hotel.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I would stay here without hesitation on my next trip to the area. It was a clean, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

We used to stay at Hampton Inns almost exclusively, but have switched over to HGI whenever possible. It seems as if the Hamptons are getting run down, whereas the HGIs are new and nice. This one in Bowling Green was no exception. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and it was very good. The hotel is off the beaten path, so it is quiet. Yet there are several restaurants within walking distance. HGI is setting the standard for mid-priced hotels. We stayed here as part of a group, and I hope they choose HGI as the host hotel next year.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Overall this is a clean, modern Garden Inn with friendly front desk service that stands out. For business travelers, there is a business center, free parking, on-site fitness room and restaurant/bar, and wireless internet.
My complaints are minor--the fitness center was not accessible 24/7, the water pressure in the shower was weak, and the walls are pretty thin. Thus, depending on what your neighbors are doing or watching on t.v., it makes for an interesting stay.
Reasonably priced and clean, we enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

We stayed at this property on our recent trip home from Florida. We arrived late and room service was closed because it was New Years Day. The front desk staff was helpful in giving us name of places who would deliver food.

Room was what you would expect from HGI. Clean, good beds, nice toiletries.

My daughter and I had breakfast. Breakfast was decent, had all the basics and some cooked to order food. Kids eat free which is always a bonus.

My only complaints would be the strange layout of the hotel and that our room was all the way at the end of the hallway, which was annoying since the hotel was not full. We were too tired to ask to be moved.

I was concerned that when I asked for an extra key in the morning (my husband left with our key) they just gave it to me, didn't ask for ID to confirm I was staying in that room. That worries me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green? Share your experiences!