“Best food and service in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 228 Restaurants in Bowling Green
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Owenton, Kentucky
“Best food and service in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I visit this restaurant every time we go to Bowling Green and we are never disappointed. The service and food are always top-notch. My husband says they have the best chicken tenders, and he orders them every time. I, however, have been trying out something different on the menu each time and I've loved everything so far. I think the potato soup was my favorite. Their servers are fantastic! Our kids love this place too, and their kid's meals are very reasonably-priced. One thing that we've always loved about Mariah's is the beautiful building that it's in, but we just learned at our last visit that they are moving. We will visit the new location, and hopefully we will love it just as much.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

florida
“Some good, some not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

As a late night choice for a fast meal, we chose this place to stop.
I hope they read this and take the very bad, very cheap wine off their shelf. Without thinking we asked for the house Pinot noir, It was Gallo, we sent it back, ugh!
The turkey burger, despite the claim of being fresh ground turkey, did not seem to be. I fared better with the gigantic, and pretty good Sante Fe salad. The server,Jade, did her very best to offer good service. All in all just , as the rating says, average

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Oh... just in the nick of time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

On a recent visit to Bowling Green, our hosts suggested Mariah's located in one of the oldest buildings constructed in Bowling Green... the food was fantastic, our server a total gentleman (with a bass voice that should have been on American Idol). We were shocked to learn that Mariah's is moving to a new location next to the new baseball park. I'm sure the food and service will still be great... but the charm of the old house will be missed.
Jann and Steve I.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Great food, great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were told by a local to eat at Mariah's before heading out of town, and I'm glad we did. It was the perfect meal before heading back on the road home after a college visit. Not to heavy and the right price. Cute atmosphere too!

Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ended up at Mariah's after discovering the place we originally planned on going to (Smokey Pig) was closed (on a Saturday night, nonetheless!)

Anyway, Mariah's was a decent alternative. Loved the historic building and brilliant murals. I would suggest asking for a booth in the middle of the restaurant, especially if you're there on a busy Saturday night. We were seated in the back next to a large group of moms and daughters and it was VERY noisy, and the moms were letting their girls have the run of the place. Not cool.

We loved our Pimento cheese app and the dinner salad was delish. The entrees were just ok. I had the Chicken Spinach Florentine and my husband had the lasagna. Both were enormous and a bit over seasoned/salted.

The bulk of their menu is devoted to sandwiches, so maybe steer clear of the entrees and go for a salad and a sandwich instead.

Service was good and prices are very reasonable. I still missed having smoked pork shoulder, but this was a good second choice for us.