“Clean and friendly with Euro-look remodel in rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bowling Green

Motel 6 Bowling Green
You added Motel 6 Bowling Green to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bowling Green
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3139 Scottsville Road, I-65 at Exit #22, Bowling Green, KY 42101   |
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Bowling Green
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Clean and friendly with Euro-look remodel in rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Nothing fancy, just a room, good bed and clean sheets. TV remote did not work, despite front desks' attempt to remedy the problem. But for the price, it'll do. Numerous '6' types of hotels at this exit which I've tried...most were the same or worse at a higher price.

Room Tip: Any room except the ones along the hotel front (next to the Office) will be fairly quiet despite the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had made reservations at the Bowling Green Motel 6, knowing that it was less expensive & they accepted pets. I thought that because this was a Motel 6 they would at least have a nice clean room for their guests....nothing fancy of course, just clean. I was totally wrong about the room being clean! When I looked in the bathroom, the first thing I noticed was a wet used wash cloth in the shower from the previous guest and obviously the shower had not even been cleaned(luckily I had brought my Lysol along!). We have stayed in many motels/hotels and I have NEVER experienced such a dirty room until we stayed here. The walls throughout the entire room were terribly dirty with who knows what on them and the room smelled awful. The air conditioning was not working too well and their windows do not open, so there is no way to air the room out. The carpet appeared to be very dirty as well. On the upside, there was a small refrigerator and a microwave and the front staff were friendly. This Motel 6 offered free Wi-Fi, but we were stuck in one of the back buildings amd could not make a connection. This Motel 6 needs to do some SERIOUS cleaning in their rooms if they want to continue to have guests stay here! To put it frankly....If they had a health inspection...they would definately NOT pass!

Room Tip: I would suggest you stay at a different hotel unless you like a lot of filth.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived at the exit and saw their sign lighting up the night sky "$39 per night"
just two guys coming home from a long scuba dive vacation only needing a place to sleep, this sounded great. We were surprised that the $39 per night actually means $39 per person.
So our bill was closer to $50 or more when all was said and done. They also had the place remodeled and we supposedly got one fo the remodeled rooms. It was ok, half the things were new and the other half just seemed to kinda fit in.
All in all, I cannot complain about the place. It's a motel 6. Decent price, clean and available.
But I did feel the sign was misleading. We had about 7 or 8 to choose from on that street but we were too tired to shop around. This is the kind of pricing that causes people to let a friend stay in the car once they find out it is by the person. Personally I don't care for this pricing since there is nothing more offered for two people vs one person.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Half way home, we just needed one night's stay. Check-in was quick and easy, and the room seemed clean. The decor was odd, to say the least. Weird floor, no art, vessel sink, and some type of oversized "sculptural" contraption to hold the towels. Walls of the paper-thin variety. We could clearly hear conversations in the next room, which adjoined ours. I realize this place is on the highway, but the traffic noise was quite loud.
He slept fairly well, I was awake a lot. In the morning, I realized there was no shampoo, no conditioner, and no blowdryer. Just two tiny wafers of soap. So I skipped the shower, more eager than ever to get home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is the motel we move to after walking out of our first one. Very small Continental Breakfast consisting of coffee and Cereal. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a nice shower. The bed was comfortable, Heat and air work as expected. Would be okay provider two, Would not recommend for a long extended-stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What can you say about Motel 6 that has not already been said? This is an average run of the mill location. Nothing special except it appears that now most if not all motel 6 give free (or include) Wifi. Lets face it most of us stay at Motel 6 for 1 night (2 at most) and do so for their inexpensive rates. I've found most Motel 6 locations to be clean, located just of the highway and inexpensive which I believe is what they are striving for. You get what you pay for. By the way make sure you stress the fact (if you are) that you are a senior. A discount does apply. The check in girl did not give it to me but the manager did, in fact insisted on it even though I said it was no big deal. Would I stay there again. Definitely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I, along with our two cats, stayed at the Motel 6 in Bowling Green, Kentucky recently while returning home from Georgia. With Motel 6 advertising their pet-friendly policies, we stayed in several of their properties on this trip. The Bowling Green location was among their better properties.

We arrived to check in at around 4:30 p.m. on a Monday. The check-in process was probably the most efficient I can remember at a motel where the staff did not know me by name; the clerk thoroughly explained all of the details of the layout of the motel, the free Internet access, and more without having to ask. As noted in other reviews, the motel has been remodeled fairly recently; one of the features of the remodel was hard floors which made the room especially conducive to pets. The overall room size was not exceptionally large but was adequate and was nicely equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. The room was fairly quiet and, being on the side facing away from I-65, was buffered from road noise; only occasional traffic on US-231 could be heard. The HVAC unit, which appeared to be fairly new, was quiet and did an excellent job maintaining the desired temperature. While not open during the early spring, it appeared that the motel had an outdoor swimming pool available for those interested during the summer months. This is definitely an unusual amenity at this price!

There were a few areas that I thought could be improved. The bed was fairly hard, so sleep quality was only average for what I'd expect at this price point. The other area of improvement was that none of the doors in the room seemed to fit properly. The door leading outside could only be latched with a fairly firm pull, which is a potential concern with pets and for personal security. The bathroom door and shower stall doors were no better. However, these ended up being only minor inconveniences to our stay. One other thing to point out, which is outside the property's control, is that it can be difficult to turn left out of the motel to head north on US-231 especially at rush hour. There is a frontage road that was closed for construction that, when open, would provide an alternative to get to a road intersecting US-231 at a light that would make for easier egress.

I'd recommend this motel as a relatively inexpensive option to anyone looking for a place to stay in the area. I'll definitely keep it in mind for future trips!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Bowling Green? Share your experiences!