“Disappointed. The hotel was dirty.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bowling Green
Toledo, Ohio
“Disappointed. The hotel was dirty.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

I have stayed at a couple Microtels before and while the rooms are usually small, they are clean and have the simple amenites that one would need when traveling (free wirless, free simple breakfast).

So when I was trying to decied between the Days Inn or the Microtel I choose the Microtel, even though it was a little bit more expensive. Bad choice.

The elevator was smelly and the carpet in it was dirty and stained.

When I entered my room I was over powered by the smell of powder. I never figured out if it was carpet freshner or if it was bug powder but there was a white powder build up along the carpet edges. The window bench was dirty and the cushion was stained.

During the night, my glasses fell between the mattress and the wall (headboard) and when I pulled the mattress farther from the wall, I realized that the room have not been cleaned thoroughly in a long while. There was crumbs and hair all along the back of the mattress.

The bathroom did appear to be clean. However, my shower was lukewarm.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Owatonna, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Great staff. Clean room and free breakfast. This was perfect overnight hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
STANTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

After reading the horrid reviews I was almost scared to stay here as I pricelined the room. But then I also remember that I am middle class looking for a great value. It was worth every penny of the $38.00 that Priceline accepted. It could use some renovation but the staff was very friendly and did include a continental breakfast. Great place to stay for a night!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

The first room we were given had one functioning light in bedroom area, non-functioning light in bathroom, refrigerator in the middle of the room at end of bed, broken A/C unit piece on floor. Requested another room and had bugs crawling on me in the middle of the night, another bug on the bed in the AM and a roach in the bathroom in the morning. The breakfast area was so filthy that my shoes stuck to the floor and the counters were dirty. We had scheduled a three night stay and left after one night. Four other couples left as we were with one woman handing out the name/number of the health dept for KY. I am still trying to get my money back from Microtel since the hotel would not credit my card. BBB has been notified as well. Do not stay here!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I would stay in my car before I would stay here again. The hotel is dirty, has mildew and probably mold, as it smells. I could go on and on, but won't waste my time or yours on something this horrible. Stay any place else but here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
just outside chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

we travel to BG KY three times a year this was our first stay with microtel. we will never stay again.
room was paid in full early Saturday morning, asked clerk if we could get keys etc, later in the evening because we were racing at beech bend race way, have so much on our plate. when returned that evening around 11pm the clerk advise our room that was paid in full had been canceled and no other non smoking 2 bed rooms available. the young lady behind the counter tried to be as helpful as possible,which was none. she had to call someone to ask what to do about the issue.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2007

This place USED to be ok. I have stayed here several times in spring of 2007. It is a basic no frills, small room microtel at a budget price. I expect the small room and no frills that is the justification of the lower price. This time when we checked it it looked the same as before but we were on the interstate side of the hotel about 3 rooms from center on the ground facing the front. When we get back to the hotel that night and went to bed thats when we noticed the horrible traffic noise, interstate decel ramp outside window. Also a shell station out the front with ALL night truck traffic, I feel like I slept in a 18 wheeler going over mountains as many upshifts and downshifts as I went through. Along about midnight the 20 teenagers in the big group showed up and spent the next hour settling in, not the hotels fault, but the managers office had a door open to the hall we and they were staying in and despite the running, yelling, and door slamming the night manager refused to ask them to be calm. The downfall of budget hotel construction is that if somebody wants to be inconsiderate and make noise everybody hears it. It only lasted 5 more hours though they left in the same fashion at 6:00 am. Colledge town weekend wku. Then in the shower the next morning I looked up and noticed the silverfish bugs on the ceiling, Come on folks its 2007 not 1963 get an exterminator on contract to handle the hotel property. Bowling green is probably the 5-6th largest city in KY and the 2nd largest in Ky on 65 south, I know they have some bug guys in town. The exit for this hotel is also the most congested in southern KY, lots of fast food, mall, super wal mart,kmart,target lowes,college all served by scottsville road on west of the interstate. If you stay here ask for a room away from the interstate on the backside, a set of ear plugs,and a can of bug spray. Time to check out, no breakfast, just a pile of trash left over from the kids. Nobody on hotel staff seems to care and its only 8:15

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — noise andbugs
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Bowling Green? Share your experiences!