“Needs improvement” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Bowling Green
Cleveland, Ohio
“Needs improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beds are satisfactory, the rooms we stayed in were fairly clean and in need of updating. Front desk staff was courteous for the most part. Newer LG flat screens in the rooms, nice tacky wall-sized mirror on the wall behind the bed if you're into that sort of thing. The walls and floors are paper thin and you can hear people above and below you, as well as next door, vacuuming, talking, and moving around early in the morning. My boyfriend and I recently had a two day stay at this hotel while we were in town for work, and on the second day were moved right across from the housekeeping room because we checked out earlier and had to check back in due to circumstances keeping us in the area. Starting at 10 in the morning, we were constantly awoken by several knocks on the door from housekeeping and someone trying to open our door (what part of Do Not Disturb don't these people understand?), listening to their loud talking outside of the door (it sounded like they were in the room with us because of the thin walls), and multiple calls from the front desk before our requested checkout time of 1 pm , which the night desk receptionist said there would be no problem since we arrived around 2 a.m. due to our work schedule in the area (we had no issues with this on the first night). Also, since we were charged full price for the night even though we arrived on the SAME DATE as our checkout, is it too much to ask for 12 uninterrupted hours in a room? We paid cash during our stay and were asked to leave a credit card on file-BIG MISTAKE. The front desk charged us for an additional night which we weren't there for, and told us there was nothing they could do for us when my boyfriend called to inquire about the charges upon discovery.

Room Tip: Ask for a different room if you are located near the housekeeping closet and you're a late sleep...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hopkinsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love this hotel it was so nice clean and right for the price could use better access to the room but I love it will stay again keep up the good work

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

BOWLING GREEN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The free breakfast was awful. The bagels were stale and looked like they had been in the holder for days. There was no milk left in the machine. The coffee was cold. I ended up eating a piece of toast and drinking cold coffee. When I brought this to the attention of the staff, they just said ok and went back to what they were doing. Then one of the ladies asked me if I worked for Wyndham as to see if she was in trouble. Sad that if they would have just made a fresh pot of coffee and put out fresh food I would have had no complaints about my stay, but instead I say the stay was poor at best.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at Microtel because I was on a budget. About a decade or so ago I stayed at a Microtel in another part of the country and had a very good experience, which is one reason I chose to stay at the Bowling Green Microtel.

The front desk clerk was friendly and very efficient and had me checked in in under five minutes. That, and the convenient location were about the only positive observations I noted about this particular Microtel.

I was disappointed to discover that the building was in a state of some disrepair. The walls in my room were very dirty with multiple scuff marks, nicks and even a dirty footprint on the bathroom wall! The baseboard in the bathroom had separated from the wall and there was dirt and grime in the corners and under furniture. It appeared that only heavily-used surfaces were cleaned. Even those showed water marks where a dirty wet rag had been used. In addition, the heating/cooling unit had come unattached from the wall and looked as if it had been randomly placed there. Fortunately, it worked, but it took some maneuvering on my part in order to be able to see and access the temperature controls.

The bed linens and bathroom towels were clean, but the towels were hard and scratchy. My window curtains did not close completely so that I had to use my suitcase to hold them in place to prevent anyone looking into my first-floor room.

I would have rated the service of the two desk clerks as very good. However, I rated the service as 'poor' because the room was in such a sad state of repair.

Because of the dirt and grime I would NOT recommend this hotel for those traveling with toddlers or children who might be spending any time on the floor.

Room Tip: For privacy, do not choose a first-floor room. Ask for the cleanest room available.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

small rooms older furnishings, thin walls,
room was clean, and everything expected was provided
breakfast area rubber carpet mats have tears and should be discarded

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Bowling Green? Share your experiences!