“Positives and negatives” 3 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bowling Green
“Positives and negatives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

First the good: for the low price we paid, the room was excellent. Clean, fresh-smelling smartly furnished, well-equipped. The hotel is also very conveniently located, right by the highway, with dozens of restaurants and other businesses nearby (without driving more than a block we had a nice Japanese dinner, watched a movie, and then had ice cream). Staff were friendly. Breakfast was basic (toast/bagels/muffins/cereals, no hot options) but OK.

Then the not so good: having gone into the bathroom in our room and shut the door I discovered that the handle on the inside was broken and would not open the door; if I had not been with my family, who let me out, I would have been stuck in there. They did offer us another room, but as my daughter had fallen asleep we decided to stay where we were (they said they'd try to get someone to look at it; didn't happen). The WiFi did not work for most of our stay - signal was intermittent - I managed to get on for about half an hour total. Finally, the hotel was undergoing renovations, including reconstruction of the reception area. This would have been no more than an aesthetic matter if it weren't for the fact that they were using very loud power tools at 10:30 p.m. (!!!), by which time we were trying to sleep after a long day. They did stop shortly after I complained.

Since it is possible that all three of those problems would not recur and we were just unlucky (the renovations should be done soon, presumably the other door handles work, and even the WiFi could have been having temporary problems that could be fixed for all I know), I would probably give this place a second chance given the good rate compared to other options, but given the quality of my particular stay I would certainly be looking to be convinced that the second chance was deserved and that they are really concerned about their guests' experience.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor or proximity to reception until renovations done.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jessie H, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Bowling Green, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Gertrav,

We certainly appreciate the review and and we are glad we were able to meet most of your needs. The negative issues you described have since been resolved. The door handle was replaced, the Wi-Fi connection back up and running, and absolutely no power tool use after 6pm going forward. We understand that inconvenience this caused and sincerely apologize. If you will be in the Bowling Green area in the future we look forward to the chance to accommodate you and your family again. We are confident your next stay with us will be all positives.

Microtel Inn Management and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
atlanta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

although reconstructing the lobby, all were gratious and high apolgetic. breakfast was simple, but fine given the construction. best bed i ever slept in!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Winnsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Everything about this hotel was great. The rooms were very clean with large screen tv's and very spacious. The staff that I dealt with, Jessica, Jessie, and Nick were very helpfull and always gave me recomendations when I asked them. They gave me ideas where to go and where not to go. Was planning on staying here 1 night and ended up staying 3. Just a great hotel with great rooms and great staff. Would highly recommend and that is something I do very seldom.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
North Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

As far as hotel rooms go, this one was a winner...especially if you like a HUGE mirror behind both beds :) Our room was clean, well organized, and even included a lounge in front of the window (which, to my surprise, actually opened to allow fresh air in). The TV was huge and a flat screen, mounted above the desk -- allowing folks in bed to watch while not distracting the person at the desk.

All in all, this room was nice. My only complaint was the lack of shampoo and conditioner that is standard in all other rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had never stayed at a Microtel before, and we were very pleasantly surprised. Our room (and I believe all rooms) had just been renovated, and had a small refrigerator, microwave, comfortable beds and very large TV. The room was quiet, even though the hotel was adjacent to an expressway, and the AC worked well, although the fan cycling on and off - as most hotel AC's now do - was annoying. All the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The negatives - the room was a bit small, and apparently did not have the small bottles of shampoo, etc., that most hotels have now. But, for a price of $20-$40 less than the competition, that's not a problem.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Renovation was nearing completion on this property during my stay, but did not interfere with my comfort. Overall, a typically good Microtel Inn: clean, comfortable, lots of cable channels, very good air conditioning in the sweltering Southern summer. Just off the interstate. Best of all, I paid less than $50 a night!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Whitesville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Was told when I checked in that all rooms had just been redone. If that is true they need to get a refund from the contractor. Rust in the tub and sink, 1 dead(now) cockroach,lots of spots and rips in carpet. The good things, the bed and flat screen l.g tv and rate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Bowling Green? Share your experiences!