“Very pleased.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Bowling Green
Paw Paw, Michigan
“Very pleased.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Wife and I on our way from Michigan to the Florida Keys and got off the freeway and saw this hotel so checked it out. Got a rate of $55 for the night and we were very pleased. Nice room with amenities. Wish we could find more places like this when traveling. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've been here a week and coming back next week! Clean room, comfortable bed, perfect! Staff awesome....very willing to help, make me feel comfortable & welcome! Quite, fresh coffee 24/7...maid service top-notch! Loved fridge, stove, microwave....I HIGHLY recommend !!!!

KK

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The exterior of the property and lobby look great but step into your room and the charm instantly ends. This is the smallest "suite" I have ever seen, the photos on the hotel's website seem deceiving. We could barely back the office chair away from the desk without hitting the bed! The room was clean, but the bed and pillows were awful. A rock hard bed and flat pillows make for a bad night's sleep. This is a pet friendly hotel and our room definitely smelled that way. There was a strong offensive odor (wet dog or other pet stain?) that just wouldn't go away. I actually went to Walmart to get a wax warmer to mask the smell. This hotel was fine for a budget stay for one night on a road trip but I won't be staying here again.

Stayed December 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was impressed with the quality of our room as it was really nice for the price! We got in and immediately had a complaint at 7pm that my son was too loud running around upstairs. The manager was gracious and very tactful about it but it was a little off putting at first. She then offered us a bigger room downstairs and we obliged. No big deal and I wouldn't have to worry about him running around. Loved the rooms. BUT I did see why we got complaints! Even simple walking upstairs is SOOO LOUD! Made it a bit hard to sleep. The beds were comfy though and the rooms very very clean.

When I called to reserve with an online price into corporate, the lady acted like that room did not exist. I hung up and called back and got the room. So I felt like the first lady was trying to scam me a bit,

Overall, I would DEFINITELY stay here again. You CANNOT beat the price and quality.

Room Tip: Look for online reservations on Home-Towne's site. It was cheaper than booking sites.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a terrible experience. Rooms were tolerable, however, fridges were not cleaned out, old coffee were still in coffee makers, and ton of dead bugs in light dome. The level of professionalism is subpar as the manager frequently gossips about guests and employees alike. Despite being shown the room quality issues, she refused to accept this fact and acted as if we had "ruined" the room ourselves trying to get a free night stay! Ridiculous service. You can get a better experience at a motel 8. Given the large number of hotels in Bowling Green, you'll be much more satisfied anywhere else. Disappointing given the fact that this hotel has a good location off the interstate.

• Stayed September 2013
Owosso, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Home-Towne Suites was a planned stop on a trip to Alabama from Michigan for me and my two children. I booked this room online, or tired to, and had to call to actually confirm my reservation. There was a price discrepancy from the phone and online, but I was given the lower online price. The gentleman at check-in was very professional.

The room was comfortable and I loved the travelers poem on the wall by the sink. My main problem with this stay involves the check in office. Where was it? This property exists in two separate buildings and the main office is located in the second building. There is some confusion in regards to where to actually check in.

On check out day, there was NO ONE in the office, and no one answering the telephone until later on in the morning (7:30-8:00am) and this was rather inconvenient for us as we were trying to get an early start.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Home-towne Suites on 2 separate trips and each time it has been wonderful. The suites are very spacious, offer everything you could need to feel as if you are at home and the staff is always nice and helpful. Tammy is very professional and does what is needed to take care of her guests. She goes above and beyond; which is a rarity these days! I would recommend Home-towne Suites for 1 day or for an extended stay. They are very convenient, close to restaurants and a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Home-Towne Suites of Bowling Green? Share your experiences!