“Great Price, Room Upgrade. Loud Upstairs, Poor Phone booking.” 4 of 5 stars

Home-Towne Suites of Bowling Green
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1929 Mel Browing Street, Bowling Green, KY 42104   |
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Bowling Green
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great Price, Room Upgrade. Loud Upstairs, Poor Phone booking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was impressed with the quality of our room as it was really nice for the price! We got in and immediately had a complaint at 7pm that my son was too loud running around upstairs. The manager was gracious and very tactful about it but it was a little off putting at first. She then offered us a bigger room downstairs and we obliged. No big deal and I wouldn't have to worry about him running around. Loved the rooms. BUT I did see why we got complaints! Even simple walking upstairs is SOOO LOUD! Made it a bit hard to sleep. The beds were comfy though and the rooms very very clean.

When I called to reserve with an online price into corporate, the lady acted like that room did not exist. I hung up and called back and got the room. So I felt like the first lady was trying to scam me a bit,

Overall, I would DEFINITELY stay here again. You CANNOT beat the price and quality.

Room Tip: Look for online reservations on Home-Towne's site. It was cheaper than booking sites.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a terrible experience. Rooms were tolerable, however, fridges were not cleaned out, old coffee were still in coffee makers, and ton of dead bugs in light dome. The level of professionalism is subpar as the manager frequently gossips about guests and employees alike. Despite being shown the room quality issues, she refused to accept this fact and acted as if we had "ruined" the room ourselves trying to get a free night stay! Ridiculous service. You can get a better experience at a motel 8. Given the large number of hotels in Bowling Green, you'll be much more satisfied anywhere else. Disappointing given the fact that this hotel has a good location off the interstate.

• Stayed September 2013
Owosso, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Home-Towne Suites was a planned stop on a trip to Alabama from Michigan for me and my two children. I booked this room online, or tired to, and had to call to actually confirm my reservation. There was a price discrepancy from the phone and online, but I was given the lower online price. The gentleman at check-in was very professional.

The room was comfortable and I loved the travelers poem on the wall by the sink. My main problem with this stay involves the check in office. Where was it? This property exists in two separate buildings and the main office is located in the second building. There is some confusion in regards to where to actually check in.

On check out day, there was NO ONE in the office, and no one answering the telephone until later on in the morning (7:30-8:00am) and this was rather inconvenient for us as we were trying to get an early start.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Home-towne Suites on 2 separate trips and each time it has been wonderful. The suites are very spacious, offer everything you could need to feel as if you are at home and the staff is always nice and helpful. Tammy is very professional and does what is needed to take care of her guests. She goes above and beyond; which is a rarity these days! I would recommend Home-towne Suites for 1 day or for an extended stay. They are very convenient, close to restaurants and a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Made a reservation for a one night stay..had been quoted $70 plus taxes Arrived at 7pm, checked in, gave them the credit card...then found out they had charged us $125!!! Girl at the desk did not know anything about the quoted price, nor did she seem to care. We were tired, the charge had already gone though, so we stayed. But I have to say, the bait and switch really left me with a bad taste. While the room was clean, it did smell of cooked food. Towels were in short supply - we asked for one more towel but never got it. Our room was located on the second floor and there is no elevator. Again, not a huge deal for us, but anyone with issues would most certainly have a problem. A/C did not work well and was very noisy.
All in all, I would not recommend staying here. There are way too many other places in the immediate area that would be more than acceptable.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HTS000, Marketing Director at Home-Towne Suites of Bowling Green, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your experience while a guest at our Bowling Green location. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and would recommend that any questions concerning your room rate be discussed with the General Manager who may be reached at 270-846-3311.
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was just passing threw town on my way to Florida. The rooms were better than I expected and I was able to get a great nights rest. The staff was very helpfull and made me feel at home. I got offered some cookies and a bottle of water when I checked in. I will stay again on the way back up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel came highly recommended to me and my family, each time I'm in Bg I make a point to stay! They were booked when I called but asked them to call me if there was a cancellation. I was grateful they had one. I stayed in a king suite and I always like ice in my freezer. Upon arriving I went to my room and was amazed to find a bag of ice with a note saying enjoy! How personable is that? I love the management staff! They go above and beyond!!! Housekeeping is great. Justina in housekeeping is precious. If you haven't tried this hotel out you should! Can't say enough! Thank you Tammy for taking care of our family each time we come to work in BG! Great town! Loved Mirahs thanks for recommending!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Home-Towne Suites of Bowling Green? Share your experiences!