“Great Hotel with friendly people” 5 of 5 stars

Home-Towne Suites of Bowling Green
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1929 Mel Browing Street, Bowling Green, KY 42104   |
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Bowling Green
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Great Hotel with friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my most recent trip to Bowling Green, and I have the staff at Home Towne Suites to thank. Their staff was extremely friendly and took the time to go the extra mile in service, whether it be cleaning the room, recommending restaurants, even printing me off directions to locations that were hard for me to find. Also the beds were very comfortable, I slept like a baby. All in all it was a great hotel that I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: King Suite rooms are amazing!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I felt truly compelled to express how pleased I was with the kindness and service i received in my stay here. Two people especially went above and beyond the service you typically get at a hotel. Taylor was the young man who initially checked me in and he was so helpful and kind. Anything I needed was met with nothing but a smile from the Staff here. Tammy Kirby was above all the greatest help to me and my family at this time. She is the type of employee to go the extra mile. Our stay in Bowling Green was wonderful because of the help of Tammy and her suggestions and genuine care for my family and their stay at Hometowne Suites.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The staff was wonderful! I recommend this hotel for every traveler! Nice clean and outgoing staff!

• Stayed March 2012
Georgetown, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed at Hometown Suites in Bowling Green KY for a few days. I have absolutely no complaints. The room was extremely clean and spacious. The television was huge. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a motel. And all of the staff I came in contact with were very friendly and courteous. I was there for some training for work, and I came home very relaxed and rested. I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We stayed here two different nights, and both times it was very pleasant. During the second stay, I couldn't find my toothbrush; the man at the desk kindly brought one up for me, along with some toothpaste, free of charge. We enjoyed the large flat-screen TV and the couch; it was much more comfortable than sitting on the bed to watch movies. I also appreciated the iron and ironing board (a blowdryer would have been a nice perk, but not crucial). My only complaint: the incessant, noisy slamming of the doors to the outside. I prefer the older, independently owned motels, but this hotel is excellent for a chain establishment, and I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I have been a guest at Home-Towne Suites in Bowling Green Ky. for several weeks and can only say GREAT things about the facility and the staff. The staff are truly guest oriented and do a fantastic job of making you feel like family, not just a person staying in a room. The meals on Wed. nights are wonderful and the gazebos are clean and relaxing. No frills,but the people here more than make up for that. Thank you Mark, Paula, Tammy, Jessie, Ashley, J.P., Andrew and the house cleaning staff for providing such a nice place for me to lay my head. Diana

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Topanga, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Recently stayed at HSBG for two nights in August. The hotel along with several others on both sides of the 65 Freeway along the Scottsville Road is about a 1 hour drive north of Nashville. First, the positives. The location is convenient in case you need anything from the store since there is a Kroger’s about a mile away, a shopping mall, and many diners and fast food outlets. From my experience, I found the hotel to provide a basic, no-frills roomy lodging. My room was a king non-smoking and it was pretty large and had a large flat panel TV with cable. The wall AC unit worked fine but some sleepers may find it loud. There was a full sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, 2 unit range, basic set of plates, tableware, and kitchen sink – no oven however. The hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast and as far as I could tell there is no kitchen on site though I would imagine at least some of the restaurants nearby would deliver. I did not have any problems with the Wi-Fi.

Some other observations: this is one of those hotels that allows smoking. My non-smoking room was fine but the stairways smelled like the smoking car on a passenger train. If you are sensitive to smoking then you will have to hold your breath on the stairs because there is no ignoring the smell. The housekeeping service is pretty basic – the housekeeping emptied my trash can though they ignored the large, dead fly that was close by. The fly had been on the carpet when I checked in and it was still there when I left. Also, the chair that went with the kitchen table had one roller broken. I didn’t have any problems with check-in or check-out and the staff who I saw were polite and efficient. In summary, I would say that for a basic, no frills stay this would fit the bill but then so would quite a few others at the same or less expensive rate. The stay wasn’t horrible or anything but I may or may not choose this place if I was ever to return the area. Especially since there are so many within a mile of the same Scottsville exit off the 65 Freeway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Home-Towne Suites of Bowling Green? Share your experiences!