“The Most Relaxing Stay of My Life” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 31 hotels in Bowling Green
Owensboro, Kentucky
“The Most Relaxing Stay of My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

The Country Inn Suites in Bowling Green, Ky is a newer hotel whose personal attention to detail was without question, the best I have seen in decades. The staff and employees went out of their way to make us feel at home. When we arrived with our two daughters 13 and 8, the smell of hot coffee and cookies, (complimentary, which you never see anywhere these days) where the smell that greeted us. The lobby had a blazing fireplace and it reminded me of my living room. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, as if I had just entered a grand home, with everyone there doing their best to make my family and I happy. The girls enjoyed the indoor pool, while my husband and I sat in the beautiful hot tub. The fitness center was fully equipped and impressive. I would especially like to reference the cleanliness of the hotel, it was immaculate.
We had reserved the jacuzzi suite and the room was large but warm and inviting, again I cannot overstate the cleanliness. The bed felt like a large cloud, and our sleep was divine. In the morning we were treated to their FREE Continental Breakfast, which left nothing to be desired. Any thing that someone could have wanted was offered with a warm smile from the hostess. I was amazed the next morning to see the breakfast room full, the hotel and staff had made my family feel like we were their only guest.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

My fiance and I decided to rent a room for a night just to get away and spend time together. Our stay was wonderful the people at the front desk were so helpful and nice. Then we went to our room and it was very clean and smelled wonderful. We have stayed at many hotels before and have never slept so well. The mattress was so nice. Thank you for making this a great night for two.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We traveled to Florida and stayed at the Bowling Green Country Inn on our way home. Having stayed in a Country Inn in Nashville on the way down and also Lake City on the way home this Country Inn by far was superior to the other two. It appeared to be a rather new hotel still having the Now Open sign outside on the building. The girls at the front desk were very helpful in recommending a place to eat and printing out the directions for Cheddars (which we enjoyed very much). This Country Inn is not located along side a highway so there is no highway noise which was very nice. I would have no problem making a return trip just to stay at this location!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stopped at this hotel after a day of travel on our way to Florida. We were met at the door by Jake who took great care of us from check in to recommending dinner spots to making sure we had cookies and coffee to take to our room. he was extremely personable and made our first stop special. We may stop on our way home!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

The only slight negative: a little difficult to find -- just behind Red Roof Inn on Scottsville Rd near I-65. The positives: almost spotless in every facet; this is a relatively new property so the normal wear and tear is not apparent; check in and out was a breeze; employees were exceptionally friendly; actually three people staffing the breakfast so there was never an issue there even though it appeared the property was full; extremely quiet, especially on the back side of the property - not once did I hear an auto, another guest, or another room door slam. All in all, A+. Would definitely stay here again when in Bowling Green.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Walland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

As we travel 4 days out of the week on business, Country inn and Suites is like a second home to usWe are gold points elite members, and I love the fact that you can accumulate points for free nights. You also have special parking. .I especially loved this one because it is so new and updated with the pretty decor and the flat screen tvs. I also love the suites with the sofa bed, two TVs and mini kitchenette with a sink, small fridge and microwave. The bathroom is spotless and roomy with a nice shower curtain. I hate the old plastic ones. We only had one glitch when we first checked in, I had to call down and ask for a remote for the second TV and was told by the young girl that they only had one remote per room. I asked if I needed to call a manager and find out how to get another remote, but she quickly found one. That was a problem that I had never encountered before at the better hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is a new facility that sits back off Scottsville Road near Greenwood Mall and is down the road from just about every restaurant chain in the world! Very convenient location. Check-in was a breeze, 2-queen room was nice, bathroom size is just fine. We were there when a ballgame was in town so I was a bit worried about all the buses in the parking lot, but we were not bothered by any noise. Hot breakfast was provided. There was always someone to stock the food and it was busy! There are rocking chairs outside on the porch so we ate out there in the mornings. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Bowling Green? Share your experiences!