“Brand New Hotel with Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Bowling Green
“Brand New Hotel with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I am in the Army so with the military discount, this hotel was a great value. My husband and I got married in Bowling Green & chose this hotel for location & newness. The hot breakfast & service were my favorite parts of staying here. They upgraded us for free on our wedding nite w/out asking. They let us have a 3pmcard checkout! Pool, etc. Were clean. My main complaint was the business center. The computer & printer were not working right. Very bad for wedding planning!

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our apologies for the business center printer, but it's in the process of being fixed this week actually. Congratulations to both you and your husband and good luck in your future together!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here one night somewhat by accident. I was booked in the nearby Red Roof Inn, but upon arrival they were "oversold". So they gave me a room for the same price at this property which is apparently under the same ownership.

Got one of the rooms above the lobby but unlike other reviewers did not hear an excess of noise, so maybe they have taken steps to respond to complaints. Plus, I left quite early before the breakfast crowd flooded the lobby. The room was clean and spacious, with HDTV and the wi-fi worked fine for me. Well-designed clean bathroom and shower, too. Average breakfast.

Location is convenient to I-65 but quiet, with one caveat: you have to do some tricky maneuvering if you want to get across the main drag to a restaurant or store (and back), and the frontage roads, though supposedly designed to make for easier access, have to be watched closely for traffic as you leave the property. I could not find a "back way" in, probably a good thing as it keeps unnecessary traffic away from the hotel.

I also had a problem turn up later when I got double booked for the room on a credit card, no doubt because of the change, but that was easily solved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CountryInnBG, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Guess that's the definition of a "happy accident"!
Thanks for your feedback!
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was traveling with my 8 year-old son when I realized I was too tired to safely drive the 2 hours left to Nashville. So at 11:00pm on a Friday, we found a room at CIS.

Overall, the property was very nice. New, good finish, nice interior. The desk staff was very polite and gave me a decent deal on a suite, more than I needed but all they had left.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was quiet. Lots of towels, nicely fluffy. The room was very clean. But some moron in corporate must have decided that full drapes were a place to cut costs, because what I thought were curtains plus sheers were only sheers. That's right, all the very bright parking lot lights could not be shut out at night. It was a 3rd floor room and the closest building was at least 250 yards away, so the lack of privacy wasn't horrible, but as a woman traveling with a child, I was less than pleased on that front as well. Because it was so late and I didn't want to drag my son back down to the lobby, I didn't ask to change rooms (if they even had one--a nearby hotel was sold out that night). t don't know if all the rooms are like this, but it is a completely baffling, really bad choice to not have drapes that can be drawn!! I did not sleep all that well because I kept waking up from the light.

The breakfast was quite good, with scrambled eggs and sausage available, along with waffles, pastries, bagels, cereal, etc. The coffee was decent, but I like my Starbucks so I got my real morning coffee there, about 1/2 mile down the road away from the interstate.

If it weren't for the curtains issues, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this facility again. But if all the rooms are equipped like mine, I wouldn't ever stay there again. I go to a hotel to sleep, for crying out loud.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CountryInnBG, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Bowling Green, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us.
All of our rooms are equipped with a set of black-out drapes, but they can sometimes be hard to find, tucked back behind the sheers.
Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope you might give us a second chance.
Columbus. Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were here on business, and found the accommodations quite nice. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The place is new, clean, and nicely appointed. It's just west of I-65 South. Our directions were poor and we overshot it by about a mile. Take the first right, westbound, after you get off I-65 southbound, and double back to get to the hotel. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Danville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Excellent service and friendly, accomodating staff. Breakfast was very good. Clean and pleasant room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Aurora, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here for one night over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is convientently located off I-65, is easy to get to and close to a few restaurants. I had a king-sized suite, which was satsifactory. Nothing great, but nothing to complain about really. I read a lot of reviews prior to booking this particular hotel and I felt that my experience did not live up to the reviews I had read. We checked in around 7:00 p.m. and within an hour of getting to our room I placed a call to the front desk about switching into a different room. Our room was located at the top of the lobby staircase so we heard all the noise from that in addition to being placed next to a few rooms of college-aged frat boys who were constantly coming and going from each other's rooms, slamming doors and shouting down the hall to one another. The front desk told me they were sold out and could not relocate us to a different floor or move us to the other end of the hallway. It was hard to believe that they didn't have one other room to move us into at 7:30 p.m. My suggestion to others is to request a room on the 3rd or 4th floor so you do not hear noise from the lobby. The bed was comfortable but I did not sleep well and could hear doors slamming at 2:00 in the morning. The breakfast was a nice plus and the bed & pillows were comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from May 17-20. We arrived a bit early, abour 1PM, but found our room was ready and we checked in. The front desk was friendly and efficient and recommended a place for dinner. One of the room keys didnt work and I had to return to the desk to get it re-programmed. This happened a second time the following day but both keys worked just fine for the rest of our stay.

The room was very clean, as was the entire property. Bed was comfortabe and pillows very nice. The counter space in the bathroom was great; much more than the usual hotel. The room was well equiped with a microwave, coffee pot, fridge, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and 40 inch flat screen. All of the equipment in the exersice room was in operating condition and the indoor pool was refreshingly cool but not cold; plenty of towels at the pool as well. The spa was nice and hot but not overly so.

The weather was quite warm so we slept with the AC on during the evening. Being not too far from I65, the highway noise might be disturbing with the windows open, but I couldnt say for sure.

The breakfast, which was included with the room, was well stocked with a nice selection of hot and cold food.

I'm a cigar smoker and was pleased that there were comfortable, designated smoking areas in both the front and rear of the hotel

Problems encountered include a printer in the business center that was out of service during our entire stay and the tile in the spa above the water line could have been cleaner. But to be fair, we didnt report either of these to the front desk. It was my impression that these issuse would have been corrected if I had said something because I did mention these things when filling out an online questionier after our return and immedialy received an email from hotel management saying the issues had been taken care of. I thought that was pretty good customer service.

We visited Fountain Square, Mammoth Cave National Park, South Union Shaker Village, Riverview and the Lost River Cave. All of these were within 30 minutes or so of the hotel. There are numerous chain restaurants around the hotel but we prefer to eat in local places and found these in abundence as well.

All and all we had a very nice stay. Clean, comfortabe, quiet and well appointed.

One thing. This is a pet friendly hotel and we did hear a dog bark in the hall when we first arrived but noithing else for the rest of our stay. The management seems to have a good handle on this.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel faces east and avoides the hot afternoon sun.