“get the garlic breadstick” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
bellbrook , ohio
“get the garlic breadstick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stopped in on our way home and we were glad we did. We got the garlic breadstick to start and it was a great start. The bread was delicious with garlic butter. one piece is a meal. the tomato bisque,and other soups were excellent. the pizza was italian style with very little red sauce but tasty cheese and excellent bread. one of our party had the spaghetti and meatballs and loved it. we will definitely stop by again. berea is a really arty town.well worth a visit in itself. I read the two negative reviews and was amazed. All i can say is we all loved it.

• Visited January 2014

82% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Shut the front door! Real Italian, real good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Oh my god...I haven't had home-style Italian food like this since my parents died...I have eaten here twice, but had the same thing...Ravioli Florentine. The set-up is different as it is quick-service, but the food is made to order, so it takes a few minutes longer. No worries, you get a bread slab in melted butter and there are salads and appetizers if you want starters. The atmosphere is more like what you'd find in New York or Chicago--big city flavor with small town appeal. The meal will fill you up...it's so good. My family's recipe's not withstanding, its the best traditional southern Italian food I've had in forever. The best comfort food ever. Yum! It is a dry county, so the only thing missing is the wine.
(And, yes, there is only one bathroom room for each gender. The Boone Tavern Hotel down the block has nice facilities if you have a larger party and need to "go" en masse before eating... just saying.)

• Visited December 2013
Berea, Kentucky, United States
“Good Stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went to Papaleno's a lot while I was a student. I mostly went as a part of the Canterbury Club on the campus (which was also great fun). I remember not being the biggest fan of Papaleno's when I first moved to Berea. It was out of my price range and the food was average. It has definitely improved over the years. I have tried many things on the menu, but the pizza is not my favorite. I prefer their pastas and sandwiches. They make an amazing portobello sandwich. It is definitely my favorite. I also enjoy their chicken alfredo, but beware. It is an incredible heavy dish. It was unfortunate that I didn't discover that Papaleno's has the most amazing french fries in Berea until shortly before I left. It is also really cheap to get an ENTIRE basket of fries. They are seriously amazing. Overall, I like Papaleno's, but not for their pizza.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
KY
“Very Good Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Was very pleased with the pizza. We tried the Mountaineer and Bbq chicken. Both were very good. Better than chain pizza places. The cheesecake was wonderful too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“No flavor and order wrong”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I have never seen a New York style crust that was less than 1/8" thick. I ordered a small and they delivered a large. I took it and didn't complain but did mention it. Now as I am eating I really wish I had complained. It has absolutely NO flavor. I had to make sure I was eating the pizza and not the box. The delivery driver was very nice other wise they would have gotten a much worse score. I said average for the atmosphere because I didn't see the place. It's probably a good thing I didn't. I hate leaving bad or average reviews for locally owned businesses but it's hard to find one that deserves anything more than average at best.

• Visited October 2013