“New Favorite Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn and Suites

You added Red Roof Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   330 Walnut Creek Drive, Berea, KY 40403 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Berea)   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Berea
Milford, Ohio
“New Favorite Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at this place for the 1st time on a family weekend trip. We were very surprised at how nice the place and the people were. I give the manager and the other employees kudos for making us feel so welcome. We found the place to be very clean and the morning free breakfast fantastic. We had a great time here and will stop here from now on when in this area.
There was eight of us and we all loved this place. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Belle Center, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my 5th stay @ this location, and my last. Travelling w/painfully crippled dogs over 14.5 yrs-old is challenging, and ended tortuously because this CI&S had all exit/entrance doors locked except front entrance. Walking old, painfully crippled dogs MANY times required walking around building to return to room. Also, while out w/dogs I saw 7 cars pull up to locked back door. Some returned to front to drop off passenger, who would walk through building to open back door. Others cussed as they parked and walked back to the front. Clerk was adamant locked doors were for her safety. Next morning, asst. mgr said it was a lock malfunction. ALSO, in case of fire, don't think you'll escape through window of room 111....it won't open! However, room was, as always, clean and roomy. Staff, safety, and convenience = "0".

Room Tip: Always check if your window will open in case you need to exit building due to fire.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear POES4ME, I apologize for the problems caused by the locked doors. This is not only for our personnel's safety but the safety of each and every guest that stays in our establishment. The two doors that are not locked up entirely are the front and back exit. You have to use your Key Card to get into them both after hours. I apologize you were not made aware of this at check in. During your stay we also had the back door's lock to malfunction. It was taken care of the very next day by our maintenance team. Once again I wish to apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. We hope to see you again! Good Travels!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here one night on a recent bus tour to the area and we were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was clean and quiet. We were on the third floor and there was no smell of smoke as another reviewer mentioned. The beds were comfortable and the television worked fine for watching a little golf before heading out again. The room rate included breakfast and it was excellent complete with a waffle station. I would be pleased to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel that welcomes its visitors with a friendly smile and super clean and comfortable rooms. We enjoyed our stay very much! What more would one need? The location is right off the highway so plenty to do in the area including the Kentucky Artisan area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor ( nonsmoking) and were quite happy with our room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear LoveBroadway22, I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay at our wonderful hotel. We strive to make every stay as relaxing and accommodating as possible. We pride ourselves in our clean comfortable rooms. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Berea. Good Travels!
Galloway, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We love staying at Country Inn and Suites, but this one was somewhat dissappointing. We did not have a reservation as we were not sure where we would be stopping for the night. When I went to the front desk to check for availability, there was no one their, just a note saying they would return momentarily. After close to a 5-7 minute wait a lady came in and said they had a few rooms left. I asked for a non smoking room, and she had 1 left and it was a suite, I said we would take it. She said their computers were not working and had to fill everything out by hand. When my husband and I got to our room, immediately upon entering we noticed that it had a strong smoke smell. We turned on the a/c and it seemed to go away and it was not bothersome so we didn't say anything. The bathroom was extremely small, and the light over the sink and the the ceiling light had no light covers, just the bare bulbs showing. Kinda tacky. The water pressure in the shower was terrible. Also where the sprinkler came thru the ceiling it was not finished and there was a big hole there. The bed at least was comfortable. When we went to breakfast the next morning, I wanted a bagel, but the only kind they had was cinnamon raisin. I asked the lady over the breakfast if they had any other kinds, she said no that is all they get. They also only had one kind of muffins as well. When we checked out, I asked at the front desk if I could get a receipt, and a gentleman said their computers were still down and had been for a week. He told me to add my name to a list with an e-mail address and they would send me one, needless to say, I'm still waiting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It's a shame that I have to give this otherwise very nice hotel a terrible review, but the smoky smell was so unbearable that we only stayed long enough to get enough rest to drive on. We had booked and received a non smoking room. We have stayed here before and had always been assigned a 1st floor room. We'd always been pleased with clean, comfortable rooms and nice front desk attendants. It was no different this time UNTIL we stepped off the elevator to get to our 3rd floor room. Immediately it reeked of smoke. We hurried to our room and I told my family I would go down and complain if our room was as bad. Surprisingly the room wasn't too bad. It smelled stale, but was not terrible. We turned on the air conditioner. By the time we all got through the shower, the room reeked as well. We were too exhausted to move, so we nabbed a few hours sleep and got out as soon as we could. Unfortunately, we will never be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear aly8738, I wish to apologize for the smoke smell on the third floor. This is not a common occurrence at our hotel. As you said we are a clean, comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Since reading your review I have taken steps to ensure that this is not a problem for any other guest. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies. Good Travels!
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had 2 rooms reserved for our stay for the night of 06-19-13. We arrived at the hotel about
5PM. We were apparently some of the first to check in because the parking lot was almost empty. We were assigned rooms on different floors. Since it was early in the evening, we asked if we could be located closer together. The gentleman on staff was very unfriendly and after tapping a few keys on the computer, he said that he couldn't locate us closer and didn't offer any apologies or any explanation.

Later that evening, upon returning from dinner, I noticed that there were cookies at the desk. I informed the rest of the party and proceeded to get a cookie. The same gentleman came out of the office and asked for my room number and name and proceeded to verify my answer. I felt like I was being accused of stealing cookies.

The next morning, the hair dryer in my room did not work. I called down to front desk and told the desk clerk that I needed a hair dryer. He said the manager would be arriving in about 30-40 mins. and he would inform him. I told him I needed a hair dryer now, not 30 mins. from now to which he replied, "I don't have a spare hair dryer to bring you,"

So, with my wet head, I proceeded to the dining room for breakfast which was a great disappointment. The coffee and the eggs were cold and the fruit was canned instead of fresh.

As I was checking out, I informed the clerk on duty of my experience the night before. She did not understand why the evening clerk could not have given us rooms closer together. She also said that they did indeed have a spare hair dryer which could have been given to me that morning to dry my hair.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ken C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear glltenn,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay at our hotel. I am appalled by the rude way my front desk staff treated you. Their actions do not speak for the hotel. I assure you they WILL NOT treat another guest the way you were treated. Again please accept my humble apologies. Good Travels!
Flagler Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I chose this hotel based on a good advice from another more expensive hotel that happened to be booked with one group of tourists.
My stay at Berea Country Inn was just enjoyable and the courtesy of the front desk was surprising. You do not see this in big hotels.
Our breakfast was just right. We loved our bedding. I was wishing our stay was longer.
We will definitely stay here again.
Fran from Florida

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!