“Great time!!” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
“Great time!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Planned a trip for the zoo and Newport aquarium, this hotel was in the perfect place, great Resturant next door for dinner!! The people that worked there were super nice! Breakfast was good! Our room was roomy and clean!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night before the Flying Pig Marathon. Was surprised by the location, at first -- a little off the beaten track, but it turned out to be super close to everything from grocery stores to a big dining/entertainment complex in Newport, KY, and of course just across the river from downtown Cincinnati.

Staff super friendly at check-in; I asked the woman if I could have late checkout. She said, "Are you running tomorrow?" and when I said yes, she said, "I'll extend you until 2:00 -- you'll want the time to come back and relax a bit after all that running." I LOVE that.

Room was spotless, with refrigerator and microwave. Bed comfortable and very clean.

There's a cute shuttle that stops right next to the hotel that will take you to downtown Cincy for $1 -- they even had it running at 5am on race morning so runners could get to the start, which was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Didn't expect too much from this stay. Not that I thought it would be bad, just average. They were helpful about the area with anything we needed. Housekeeping ladies were very nice even passing in the halls. Breakfast was way more than expected. I thought bagels and fruit but they had biscuits and gravy, eggs, yogurt, and muffins along with the norm. Very good experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
North Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I would like to take this time to give credit where credit is due. Upon check-in, we were given a warm welcome from LaTosha. Since we were in town celebrating my graduation from UC with my Masters Degree, I wanted a very nice room. We reserved the jacuzzi suite room 323 and it was amazing! The price was better than most area hotels for a basic room too. I do not know the names of the cleaning staff working Friday afternoon or the person working the front desk Friday evening but wanted to mention them. After the graduation, the cleaning staff greeted us upon our return and asked if there was anything we needed. She was very nice! Also, when we returned from going out Friday evening we were greeted by the young woman at the front desk (and also the smell of fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookies). She offered to bake us any flavor we wanted if we didn't like oatmeal raisin. (The hotel provided the complimentary cookies daily and they were very good!) My husband and I were very impressed with how nice all the staff were. The hotel was immaculate and the location is great. It was a great experience. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is being improved and to date everything is excellent. the Staff at the desk were helpful in everyway and nothing was too much trouble, and when I mentioned to my room cleaner that I was popping out for an hour so would it be possible to do my room she left what she was doing and did it for (excellent customer service). The Hotel is close to downtown Cincinnati but being just across the river is nice and quiet. Plenty of nice places to visit close by (Newport on the Levee) and some good places to eat. Breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable and no outside nice at all. There is a Trolley Shuttle every 15 minutes to downtown and saves you having to find and pay for parking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear yorkie1948,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am very excited to hear that my cleaning crew treated you exceptionally and will praise them for their hard work and dedication. I am happy we could be close enough for you so you could take care of any business or leisure activities you had while you were here with us. We do hope you will stay with us again very soon!! and we look forward to your next visit.

Livermore, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. The front desk staff was great and thank you for the welcome cookies! Internet was a little slow for me. This worked perfect for the trip. Rates where close to the best in the area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Bkelly62,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your great words on to my team. I promise we are working on the internet issue to make it faster and hope to have it fixed very soon. We can not wait to see you again some time soon!!!

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For a Holiday Inn Express this place is not bad nor is it great. It's average. The rooms are very clean and comfortable as you would expect. However, it has a few issues, mainly atmosphere. First off, the lobby and parking lot resemble a truck stop. Lot's of heavy trucks in the parking lot make it difficult to park. Once I arrived in the lobby it was full of rough looking folks drinking beer and talking loud. Of course, that's after you make it past the many folks smoking outside the main entry door. Once in the room, the only issue I had was the wi-fi. It was so slow it was useless. Took the google search page 30 seconds to load. Called tech support and they said it was because the hotel was busy. Bottom line, if your traveling for business, this is not the hotel for you. It is a construction worker looking for a great rate, this is your place!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor to avoid the party in the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Mike W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am happy you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. However I want to apologize for the atmosphere you encountered during your stay with us. We do have a large group staying with us for contracting work and I will speak to them about hanging in the lobby and socializing as well as hanging out front of the hotel. I do apologize for your internet issues and will also speak the Tech to see what we can do to improve. I hope you will give us another chance to show you we can provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.

Lisa Buckler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati? Share your experiences!