“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
North Stonington, Connecticut
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I would like to take this time to give credit where credit is due. Upon check-in, we were given a warm welcome from LaTosha. Since we were in town celebrating my graduation from UC with my Masters Degree, I wanted a very nice room. We reserved the jacuzzi suite room 323 and it was amazing! The price was better than most area hotels for a basic room too. I do not know the names of the cleaning staff working Friday afternoon or the person working the front desk Friday evening but wanted to mention them. After the graduation, the cleaning staff greeted us upon our return and asked if there was anything we needed. She was very nice! Also, when we returned from going out Friday evening we were greeted by the young woman at the front desk (and also the smell of fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookies). She offered to bake us any flavor we wanted if we didn't like oatmeal raisin. (The hotel provided the complimentary cookies daily and they were very good!) My husband and I were very impressed with how nice all the staff were. The hotel was immaculate and the location is great. It was a great experience. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel is being improved and to date everything is excellent. the Staff at the desk were helpful in everyway and nothing was too much trouble, and when I mentioned to my room cleaner that I was popping out for an hour so would it be possible to do my room she left what she was doing and did it for (excellent customer service). The Hotel is close to downtown Cincinnati but being just across the river is nice and quiet. Plenty of nice places to visit close by (Newport on the Levee) and some good places to eat. Breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable and no outside nice at all. There is a Trolley Shuttle every 15 minutes to downtown and saves you having to find and pay for parking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear yorkie1948,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. I am very excited to hear that my cleaning crew treated you exceptionally and will praise them for their hard work and dedication. I am happy we could be close enough for you so you could take care of any business or leisure activities you had while you were here with us. We do hope you will stay with us again very soon!! and we look forward to your next visit.

Livermore, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. The front desk staff was great and thank you for the welcome cookies! Internet was a little slow for me. This worked perfect for the trip. Rates where close to the best in the area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Bkelly62,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your great words on to my team. I promise we are working on the internet issue to make it faster and hope to have it fixed very soon. We can not wait to see you again some time soon!!!

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For a Holiday Inn Express this place is not bad nor is it great. It's average. The rooms are very clean and comfortable as you would expect. However, it has a few issues, mainly atmosphere. First off, the lobby and parking lot resemble a truck stop. Lot's of heavy trucks in the parking lot make it difficult to park. Once I arrived in the lobby it was full of rough looking folks drinking beer and talking loud. Of course, that's after you make it past the many folks smoking outside the main entry door. Once in the room, the only issue I had was the wi-fi. It was so slow it was useless. Took the google search page 30 seconds to load. Called tech support and they said it was because the hotel was busy. Bottom line, if your traveling for business, this is not the hotel for you. It is a construction worker looking for a great rate, this is your place!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor to avoid the party in the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Mike W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am happy you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. However I want to apologize for the atmosphere you encountered during your stay with us. We do have a large group staying with us for contracting work and I will speak to them about hanging in the lobby and socializing as well as hanging out front of the hotel. I do apologize for your internet issues and will also speak the Tech to see what we can do to improve. I hope you will give us another chance to show you we can provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.

Northern, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here in September with my children while renovations were being done on our house. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. The hot breakfast buffet was great in the morning and so were the free chocolate chip cookies. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lisa S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Suef2014,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast was great for you and your family. I hope we get to see you again soon.

Lisa B
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Check in was easy and the hotel was very clean. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Location is just across the river from Cincinnati, with easy access to the highway. Very close to downtown, ballpark, etc. There is a restaurant next door to the hotel and several others in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear the5marions,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your great words to the rest of my team and let them know what a great job they are doing. W hope we see you again real soon.

Lisa B
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When we arrived, they could not find our reservation, then our room was not ready. When we get to our room, there was poop in our toilet, the bed side light was burnt out, and there was no TV remote. I went down to the front desk and the lady had no idea what to tell me. She gave me the lounge rooms remote and still it didn't work non our rooms TV, almost midnight we gave up.

• Stayed September 2013
Tyler C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear vschmelzer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am extremely disappointed to learn about the issues you experienced at our hotel. We strive to provide you with a perfect 10 out of 10 stay every time you stay with us and it is obvious on this stay we fell short of that. If you could contact me by either e-mail or phone, I would like to get some additional information so that I can follow up with my staff and ensure that these issues don't happen to anyone else in the future. We know you have many hotel choices and thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express.

Tyler Cunningham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati? Share your experiences!