“Clean and Comforable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellevue
Livermore, CA
“Clean and Comforable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. The front desk staff was great and thank you for the welcome cookies! Internet was a little slow for me. This worked perfect for the trip. Rates where close to the best in the area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Bkelly62,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your great words on to my team. I promise we are working on the internet issue to make it faster and hope to have it fixed very soon. We can not wait to see you again some time soon!!!

Lisa Buckler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

For a Holiday Inn Express this place is not bad nor is it great. It's average. The rooms are very clean and comfortable as you would expect. However, it has a few issues, mainly atmosphere. First off, the lobby and parking lot resemble a truck stop. Lot's of heavy trucks in the parking lot make it difficult to park. Once I arrived in the lobby it was full of rough looking folks drinking beer and talking loud. Of course, that's after you make it past the many folks smoking outside the main entry door. Once in the room, the only issue I had was the wi-fi. It was so slow it was useless. Took the google search page 30 seconds to load. Called tech support and they said it was because the hotel was busy. Bottom line, if your traveling for business, this is not the hotel for you. It is a construction worker looking for a great rate, this is your place!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor to avoid the party in the lobby.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lisa S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Mike W,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. I am happy you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. However I want to apologize for the atmosphere you encountered during your stay with us. We do have a large group staying with us for contracting work and I will speak to them about hanging in the lobby and socializing as well as hanging out front of the hotel. I do apologize for your internet issues and will also speak the Tech to see what we can do to improve. I hope you will give us another chance to show you we can provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.

Lisa Buckler
Northern, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here in September with my children while renovations were being done on our house. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. The hot breakfast buffet was great in the morning and so were the free chocolate chip cookies. We would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lisa S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Suef2014,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the breakfast was great for you and your family. I hope we get to see you again soon.

Lisa B
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Check in was easy and the hotel was very clean. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Location is just across the river from Cincinnati, with easy access to the highway. Very close to downtown, ballpark, etc. There is a restaurant next door to the hotel and several others in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear the5marions,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel here in Bellevue, Ky. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your great words to the rest of my team and let them know what a great job they are doing. W hope we see you again real soon.

Lisa B
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived, they could not find our reservation, then our room was not ready. When we get to our room, there was poop in our toilet, the bed side light was burnt out, and there was no TV remote. I went down to the front desk and the lady had no idea what to tell me. She gave me the lounge rooms remote and still it didn't work non our rooms TV, almost midnight we gave up.

• Stayed September 2013
Tyler C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear vschmelzer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am extremely disappointed to learn about the issues you experienced at our hotel. We strive to provide you with a perfect 10 out of 10 stay every time you stay with us and it is obvious on this stay we fell short of that. If you could contact me by either e-mail or phone, I would like to get some additional information so that I can follow up with my staff and ensure that these issues don't happen to anyone else in the future. We know you have many hotel choices and thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

After booking our room, I read through all the reviews and was frightened that we had made a terrible mistake. Since we have always found Holiday Inns to be quite nice, we decided to give this one in Bellevue, KY(near Newport and just across the Ohio River from Cincinnati) the benefit of the doubt. We found everyone and everything to be just fine. Friendly and helpful staff, clean room with a view of the Cincinnati skyline, and a very nice Continental breakfast. While the location is a bit off the beaten path, a trolley runs about every 15 minutes throughout the day and evening and picks you up just across the driveway. The trolley takes you to Newport Levee/the Aquarium, etc and even into downtown Cincinnati. For one dollar per person (one way) it was a great way to get around.

My only caution would be that if you must have a non-smoking room, check it out in person. We requested a non-smoking room and were told that ALL rooms are. Either guests or staff ignore this. Our room had definitely been smoked in at some point in time. I noticed going down our hall (third floor) that the little "no smoking" sign was on some doors, but not all doors . It was not on our door (Room 307). However, once we turned on the air conditioning the odor seemed to settle down. Since we were only staying one night, I did not ask to be changed. We would stay here again---just ask to see our room first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tyler C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear VPP3,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I was also very happy to hear our staff were friendly as we always strive to deliver world-class service to every guest and make each and every stay a perfect ten out of ten! I will certainly be sure to pass the comments onto my entire team and recognize them for doing such a great job. I also wanted to thank you for bringing the smoke smell to my attention, although this is a completely non smoking hotel,at one point we did have smoking rooms and we are working daily to address those rooms that still have an odor. We know you have many area hotel choices and are grateful you selected our property.

Clayton, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for one night recently. After reading the other reviews, I was quite hesitant to stay there, but it was fine. It is in a questionable part of town, but it's very convenient to downtown Cincinnati and I never felt unsafe going in or out of the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the lady keeping everything stocked was friendly and helpful. Since it's so convenient to downtown Cincinnati, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
tyler45150, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I was also very happy to hear our staff were friendly as we always strive to deliver world-class service to every guest and make each and every stay a perfect ten out of ten! I will certainly be sure to pass the comments onto my entire team and recognize them for doing such a great job. We know you have many area hotel choices and are grateful you selected our property.

Tyler Cunningham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cincinnati? Share your experiences!