“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bellevue
Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast
You added Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
319 Poplar St., Bellevue, KY 41073   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Bellevue B&B and Inns
ohio
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

A little two-night trip for our 5th anniversary and it could not have been more perfect. Weller Haus is gorgeous, and with Halloween being our favorite holiday, we especially appreciated the festive decor throughout the property. Our room was exceptionally clean (and we are extremely picky about this!) And the breakfast was delicious. The location is absolutely perfect...peaceful neighborhood with plenty to do in the surrounding areas. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
West Chester, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Weller Haus was perfect for our couples get-away. The room we stayed in was updated with new furnishings and decorations. It had a very comfortable bed, flat screen TV, Jacuzzi tub in a huge bathroom, and very nice, welcoming owners. The breakfast in the morning was delicious. The surrounding area is questionable...safe, but not very nice...but the inn itself was gorgeous. Beautiful grounds and gardens.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
WellerHaus, Owner at Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you so much for you positive comments regarding your visit to our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Weller Haus is located in a historic district in the urban river town of Bellevue, Kentucky. As with all historic districts in towns across america, especially those where houses have been built in the late 1800's, there are homes that are being saved and renovated--and those that are not yet in that mode. You will find pockets of development, pockets waiting to be developed and you will find landlords and residents who may not maintain their property to the standard that we maintain ours. Our property is located across the street from a church and we are surrounded by residential neighbors on both sides. Bellevue is a very safe community where everyone knows your name if you live here, businesses are friendly, and kids are safe to walk the street day and night with no fear.

We love when our guests choose to walk to their destination--whether it be our historic shopping and restaurant district or to Newport on the Levee with the Aquarium, bowling, comedy clubs, movie theatres and restaurants. These walks give guests the true flavor of our community, it's history and the changes that have been made and those being undertaken today.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We chose the Rendevous Room (Ikea room), it was perfect. Fresh, modern, everything from Ikea, has a separate room for TV or reading. Has it's own entrance and the walk through the garden is wonderful, especially the beautiful pond. Leann is a perfect hostess and breakfast was awesome.....our favorite was pancakes with fresh blueberries. This was a treat and so much better than just a hotel room.

Room Tip: We loved the private entrance and the modern feel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis,Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I took my wife to the Weller Haus for a night out, we went on a Saturday night. This was our first time staying in a b & b. Check in was easy. We stayed in the drean suite which was very clean. The bed was a queen bed but very comfortable and the linens were very clean and high quality. My wife had problems sleeping but it was only because we staying in a different place but I felt very much at home. There are movies and snacks downstairs and we did enjoy a movie from their selection.
Parking was conveinant with a semi private walk and entrance. The breakfast was incredible. I had the stuffed french toast and she had the egg pie, both were great. Check out was a breeze, just left the key on a table in the room. The only issues we had were the lack of regular coffe packs in the room( 4 packs all decaf). Also the dream suite was a bit warm for our taste since it's upstairs, so I would reccomend a downstairs suite if your one of those that prefers things more on the cool side. All in all the host goes to a lot of trouble to ensure a good experience and it shows.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast for three nights and can’t wait to come back.

The combination of modern amenities and comforts coupled with the old fashioned quaintness of a time long passed is something today’s hotels and most other B&B’s can’t offer. Leanne’s breakfasts, homemade treats and attention to details were wonderful. I especially appreciated Leanne remembering to have sugar-free syrup on my table each morning!

While it was hard to leave the comforts of the Weller Haus’s rooms and gardens, the close proximity of several shopping areas and dining options made them hard to pass up. We enjoyed a successful trip to a local antique store followed by dinner at the Chart House one evening then a comedy show followed by dessert at Brio on another evening.

The Weller Haus would be the ideal get-away for couples young and old, as well as the single person wanting a quiet and safe place to relax for a few days. I look forward to visiting the Weller House again as soon as possible!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We went to Weller Haus B&B for our wedding night. We were married in Montgomery and we aren't taking a honeymoon right now so we wanted an extra special place to stay for our wedding night.

I came across Weller Haus mainly because it has a jacuzzi tub in the room - they're harder to come by than I thought. The room was really pretty and cozy and not too girly to annoy the new hubby! The amenities were all there and nice. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful and there was a big bottle of bubble bath as well. Robes were even provided...

We enjoyed walking around the grounds - while cozy - it was really pretty and there were a lot of nooks and crannies so I think you could have 2-3 couples out there and not feel like you were crowded.

Lastly - the breakfast. There was a menu provided in our room and we made selections then placed them in the cookie jar for the staff to make the next morning. My husband has an egg allergy and I checked ahead of time if they could accommodate (and they could). We both got fruit to start and it was delicious! Then I had blueberry pancakes with sausage - AMAZING! (I'm a foodie - this was good stuff.) We basically said - just serve him something hot without eggs and he'll be happy. He got a HUGE sausage burrito and it was also sooooo good! Neither of us could finish our breakfasts - it was so good!

Only suggestions:

* Small "bathroom" items like shampoo, razor, toothpaste, etc... would be appreciated
* Add milk or soda to the breakfast offerings

Also - they offer add-ons and one is only $5 and is snacks and drinks - If I had to do again - I'd add that - we were a little hungry and $5 is cheap!

They also have a dvd player along with lots of movies that you can just borrow from the kitchen.

Wonderful stay! We can't wait to revisit on our coming anniversaries!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
WellerHaus, Owner at Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 26, 2010
We are so pleased that Weller Haus was your choice for your wedding night and extremely pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We're always appreciative when real "foodies" enjoy the breakfasts---we're not chefs by any means, but whenever chefs or extreme foodies are here---well, it helps keep us on our toes!

In the past, we have provided individual bathroom amenities in the rooms but have chosen to move toward shampoo, conditioner and bodywash in a shower dispenser for a couple of reasons. We do provide indivudal small bar soaps for those guests that don't care for the bodywash. The dispensers create less waste with 1/2 used bottles of shampoo, soaps and toothpaste, as well as razors used once and thrown out. We obviously can't and wouldn't re-use any of these items and were quite surprised when guests would leave behind the shampoo and toothpaste as opposed to taking them home and finishing them off there. In addition, we are continuallly looking for ways to reduce costs without affecting the guest experience-- as well as looking for ways to maintain our rates and not raise them due to rising costs of every product we use in our business.

Quarterly surveys with past guests have ranked individual bathroom amenities as #9 out of 10 items in order of importance for their guest experience at our B&B. With that information, we made the decision to scale back those items in favor of the dispenser and a bar soap in the bathroom.

Now that we've provided more information that you asked for or care about, we want to thank you once again for your business and for your wonderful comments. We look forward to having you as a guest again on your anniversary!
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

My husband and I reserved 2 nights at the Weller Haus with my brother and sister-in-law. We stayed in the Church Steeple suite, and my brother in Margaret's Porch suite. It was the second visit for my brother, first for us.

The Church Steeple suite is in the main house with steep steps up from the kitchen. When I arrived upstairs I was amazed with the decor of the rooms. They are very unique and charming. LeeAnn, the owner, gives you a little tour of your rooms and explains the wonderful whirlpool tub. There is a small refrigerator for cold beverages (which are on-the-house, and a microwave oven with popcorn for movie watching. Forgot shampoo, conditioner or makeup remover? Not to worry, it's there for you!

My brother's room was equally quaint with a kitchen outside his door. This kitchen is for all Weller Haus guests. Here you will find beverages, snacks, books to borrow and movies to view. What a great concept!

In-room breakfasts were included in the price of our rooms. There are six choices. The first morning I had the egg, potato, cheese, English muffin. My husband has a breakfast burrito-type dish. LeeAnn makes all the breakfasts right before your chosen eating time. She starts out the meal with fresh juice, coffee and the most delicious fruit. Then the entree, which could easily feed two. The second morning I had the blueberry pancakes and my husband had the banana stuffed french toast. Again the meal was started with juices, coffee and fruit. I don't know where she buys her fruit, but it was excellent. My blueberry pancakes were so smooth, they melted in my mouth! My husband's french toast was equally as good. I tried to stuff myself by eating all my pancakes because I didn't want to waste any.

The property is beautiful with flowers everywhere. She has a small Koi pond with beautiful flowers growing in it. Everything was spotless.

It was a short walk into downtown Bellevue where you could shop and have dinner. If you wanted to go to Cincinnati it was only a short drive across the river. It was a great weekend and I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Cincinnati's Weller Haus Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!