“Should close this place down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Downtown SuperInn

You added Downtown SuperInn to your Saves list
Downtown SuperInn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   523 North Third Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 (Formerly Days Inn Bardstown)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Bardstown
Midwest USA
“Should close this place down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Super Inn Downtown in September, 2012. This hotel was awful. It's hard to know where to start with the problems... Filthy bathroom floor, peeling paint, broken sink, malfunctioning air conditioner, broken furniture and non-functioning soda machine littering the outside of the hotel. Or maybe it was the accumulated dirt in the corners of the bathroom that convinced me that the authorities really should shut this place down. The lack of maintenance and basic upkeep indicates that the owners of this property have no interest in customer satisfaction, but in milking unsuspecting travelers who may have no other choice. The Days Inn franchise should protect their image by pulling their name from the the front of this property. I would recommend that travelers avoid this hotel at all costs.

Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Okay - I admit it. Before I came to the Downtown Super Inn, I was a bit nervous considering the very negative reviews on here. However - I am wondering if any of these people who reviewed the Super Inn have ever stayed at another hotel in Bardstown. Other than the Hampton Inn, I would say they are all pretty similar. We come here every year for Kentucky Bourbon Festival, and in my opinion, the Downtown Super Inn is just about on par with Bardstown Parkview Motel and The General Nelson, which are the only other properties where I have stayed. Bardstown is just a small southern town, and the hotels are all a little bit older and dated. We reserved two rooms at the Super Inn because the other properties where we have stayed before were already booked for the festival.

Anyway - we were greeted upon check in by the very friendly Patel family - the father and the daughter (we met who I assumed to be the son later on). During our entire stay, the family was so friendly and always making sure to say 'hello' and asking if everything was okay with our stay - we felt very welcome and really enjoyed our chats with them. When I asked for extra towels, I was promptly given extra towels and washcloths. Our TV wasn't working, and Mr. Patel insisted upon switching our broken TV with his office TV so we would have a working TV - even though we told him we didn't need it. The service we received at Super Inn was honestly the friendliest, most prompt service I've ever experienced in Bardstown - and the Patels aren't even from the south. I'm wondering if the reviewers who called them 'rude' simply have trouble communicating with people from other cultures.

Was the hotel fancy? Not at all. But honestly, no hotel in Bardstown is fancy. In fact, no offense, but I would never actually stay at a hotel like the ones offered in Bardstown in a larger city - Bardstown just has a very small selection, and the Hampton Inn is WAY too pricey during Bourbon Festival. Yes, it was weird that everything was unplugged when we got there, and that we were missing an iron and a hairdryer. And yes - the orange juice machine was broken in the breakfast area. And YES - you can definitely tell differences between this motel and 'corporate' owned hotels. But the room furniture was new, the towels, bed sheets, and the bathroom were VERY clean, the shower was wonderful, and all of us in our group commented as to how extremely comfortable the mattresses were. After consuming copious amounts of Bourbon during the festival, it was WONDERFUL to get such a good nights sleep. As for the broken orange juice machine, the Patels had a big bottle of chilled Sunny Delight set out instead, which was a fine substitue. The coffee in the breakfast room was also wonderful.

Again - I am NOT saying this hotel is fancy or fabulous. It is definitely dated and could use some work, but with an understanding of the hotels in the area and a good sense of humor, the stay can be very enjoyable. We had a nice stay, felt very safe, and I would stay here again during KY Bourbon Festival. They just need to get their own party going in the pool area to rival the gazebo party at General Nelson.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We had very good experience at this place, locate on the main street of downtown bardstown, room was neat and clean, bed were comfortable, staff was very friendly, breakfast was ok, pool was nice and parking was right infront of our room so no problem in shifting luggage and best part room rate was much cheaper compared to other hotels we checked. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I called to inquire on a room and was told it was the last one available, but they could hold it for me. However, if I chose to cancel I would need to do so by 3:00PM the following day (keep in mind I called and ask them to hold my room at 10:15PM that night). I called the next morning at 11:00AM to cancel that particular room and was told that my card was already charged and my room could not be canceled because I didn't call by 3:00PM the day before. Again, I didn't call to hold the room until 10:15PM..AFTER 3:00PM. They were very rude and had no empathy at all that I was out $79+. I find that poor service. It's not about the customer at all. So when reading the reviews I would go with what customers are saying and bypass this particular hotel. My credit card company said that they would fight this battle for me (great customer service). In the meantime, I'm reporting them to the BBB. I'm sure they lied when I was told that the room I put on hold was the last one with this type of service. Noone would want to stay at a place with people behaving in this manner.

Stayed August 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The comforters and sheets were old and stained. As a family we had five rooms here. Two of the rooms only had one towel per room. My cousin asked for more towels and the owner gave her two clean and one DIRTY towel, he said for pool usage. Very unsanitary. My brother went down for the complimentary continental breakfast. There was no coffee, the orange juice machine was broke and Gourmet ants were crawling by the donuts. My other brother and his family checked in and given a dirty room. The mirrors and tables in our room were wiped with dirty towels, as the streaks were hazy. When asked to clean the ants and debris from the tub, my brother and sister-in-law were told they complain to much. They were given a refund and told to leave. So I advise you not to waste your money on this grundgy hotel. As we never will again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We prepaid for 3 nites. Everything they show in the Pic's are nothing like the hotel itself. Some rooms had no number's on them and they had broken glass and locks on these. The Police were called out 3 times the first nite! So very dirty we slept in our clothes on top of the cover's. Left very next morning and told them we would not be back. Big Safety issue's and Filthy as I have ever seen!

Room Tip: Just BEWARE of THIS PROPERTY! Just Look for another one as their are many in Louisville & Eliza...