“Great Place to visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 24 things to do in Bardstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Park that honors the popular tourist attraction, Federal Hill Mansion, which was the symbol of Stephen Foster's endearing ballad. Not only does the Park offer tours of My Old Kentucky Home but there is camping, golf, and shopping available. The campground offers 39 sites with water and electric. Wi-Fi is available on most sites. There are some sewer sites and some pull thru sites. There is an 18-hole golf course that is very well maintained. Shopping at the Park offers Kentucky made Handcrafts, food items from Kentucky, and wonderful prints or postcards of My Old Kentucky Home.
nanticoke,pa
3 attraction reviews
“Great Place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My son lives in Louisville and every summer my husband and I visit "My Old Kentucky Home" State Park. We always go to see "The Stephen Foster Musical" which is performed in an outdoor amphitheater there. This show is good decent family-friendly entertainment with Broadway style sets and costumes. We really enjoy it. You can also visit the home where Stephen Foster wrote the song, "My Old Kentucky Home". This house is an attractive ante-bellum mansion with informative tour guides. They also present another show which is different every year - one year it was "Annie''. We look forward to going here every summer.

Visited August 2012

Louisville, Kentucky
59 attraction reviews
“History and Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A great family gathering place, an hours drive from Louisville. I can imagine Steven Foster walking the grounds gathering inspiration for is famous song and entertaining in the home. We attended an evening outdoor wedding there that was simply beautiful.

Visited May 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
35 attraction reviews
“Area History”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like to visit historical homes and villages. It is worth going to visit this home if you are in the area. It is a nice compliment to other activities in the area. The home is very nice and it was nice to walk though the grounds. The stephen Foster connection was interesting. Maybe they whould make a film before visiting the house an you can get more out of your visit. There was only a brief meantion of the people Stephen Foster observed which inspired his music. We were told he did observe the slaves but in what way? What did he observe his family who lived there? We are not from Kentucky so we know nothing

Visited June 2013
Kentucky
16 attraction reviews
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice home with good history of information. Sparks more interest in the family and Stephen Foster. Go early and allow time to walk the grounds.

Visited July 2013
Bowling Green, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
“Just an "ok" tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The tour did not meet our expectations......probably had more to do with the tour guides than the facility. We may try again another day, but not soon. Was not worth the money.

Visited July 2013