“Okina Now Called Umami” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Nazareth, ky
“Okina Now Called Umami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My Son & Daughter & my Sister & I ate Supper there last night to Celebrate 2 Birthdays...The Service & Food were excellent--the Bill was reasonable...Our Server (may have been the Owner) was very Attentive & Accommodating--but quietly so--not Intrusive...
My "Sunday Morning" Sushi with Salmon, cream cheese, Avocado & green Onion--lightly deep fried was Super! As was my side Salad with flavorful Ginger "House" Dressing....My Sister got Fish & Chips; my Son got Calamari, my Daughter got a seaweed Salad & Sushi (I'm not sure what)...All Excellent!...

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bardstown, Kentucky, United States
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was recommended this restaurant by some good friends. I was blown away by the food. It was excellent! I'm planning on going back again this week. In my opinion it's one of the best places to eat in Bardstown!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“Very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The food was very good quality. Prices are reasonable and the service is good. The menu is complete and the food is authentic both Korean and Japanese.

Visited April 2013
San Diego
“Nice little place for sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

From the outside, Okina looks like an average strip mall storefront with dark tinted windows; hard to tell what to expect until you go inside the restaurant. Inside it is bright and clean, and the staff immediately greet you, even if you are at opposite ends of the room from one another. You can either order off of the Japanese/Korean dinner entree menu, or the sushi bar menu. I decided on the sushi menu, and ordered a couple of rolls. Nothing too exotic, because I wanted to see how the chef presented himself on items that I could mentally compare to other sushi bars. The rainbow roll was nicely prepared, with fresh fish that was cleanly cut (i.e., no tears of ripping of the flesh), and flavorful (no old fishy taste or smells). The spider roll was also nicely done; the batter was light, airy, and crispy, without any heavy oily taste. Overall, a well-done execution of some standard sushi items. I sat next to a Japanese couple, and they ordered a wider variety of food, including a chirashi bowl of mixed sashimi over rice, seaweed salad, miso soup, and a big hot bowl of udon noodle soup. It all looked really good, and they were satisfied with the taste and quality of their meal. Prices were typical for a mid-tier sushi bar, and the quality of the food and service easily met and surpassed that level, so I'm a happy camper.

Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The best sushi in town, and their red-bean ice cream is the best I've had. The spicy dressing on their side-salad is very good, you might order it on the side as it is very spicy.

Visited October 2012