“A fun evening with the Colonel and Margaret Sue” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Peoria, IL
“A fun evening with the Colonel and Margaret Sue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a wonderful evening and dinner here. It is one entree, no choice, but the food was good and very HOT! There were ten of us present and we did not feel rushed. We knew ahead of time that our Manhattans would be $13 each, so that was the only drink we had. Our two dinners and drinks were $90, so be prepared. We wanted to experience the Kentucky hospitality of the Colonel and Margaret Sue. Margaret Sue shared a lot of history of the building and told us about Henry "the ghost". We walked here from the Pioneer Park Cottage which is part of the Colonel's Inns. We are so happy we chose to visit here for our Bourbon Tour...it was very memorable...would love to do a repeat visit!

Visited March 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Intimate and Unique Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited the Chapeze house on 3/2/13 for a bourbon tasting and dinner and were not let down. I greatly enjoyed the Capezetini (Orange Juice, Bourbon, and gingerale) and my boyfriend chose the Colonel's pick Bourbon Flight. The dinner was delicious, bourbon infused with almost everything! Everyone was really nice and accommodating. If you want to try a different dining experience or just want to celebrate a special occasion then this is the right place! As we were leaving, we overheard a bit of conversation about Henry, a little ghost boy that resides at the house. I wish we'd heard more or gotten a visit from him! Next time I go there, I will be sure to ask about him.

• Visited March 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“A Once in a Lifetime Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had the good fortune of enjoying the company of the Colonel and his wife by ourselves, recently. I had booked an evening at the recommendations of several more experienced bourbon drinkers, not quIte sure what to expect. I was also a bit worried, as I was traveling with family. My family doesn't enjoy bourbon nearly as much as I do. That was easily solved by some excellent bourbon cocktails, including the Chapezatini (sp?). As for me, the bourbon was outstanding. I chose the Colonel's Pick. Each bourbon was unique and enjoyable, providing an education for my palate. During the tasting the we were entertained by the Colonel's vast knowledge of the history and lore of the area. And this was all prior to dinner. The dinner was outstanding. Everything was homemade and prepared freshly. The vegetarian option was also well received. Highlights included the corn bread and the desert. The chocolate sauce, on the desert, can only be described as decadent. I recently moved away from New York City, where the restaurants may be some of the best in the country. Everything I saw, tasted and experienced at the Chapeze House was on par, if not exceeding, much of what I experienced at some of the finest restaurants in NYC. The Chapeze House is an amazing and unforgettable place. Colonel Mike and Maraget Sue are living treasures. This is an experience that should not missed. I shall be visiting them every time I find myself in the Bardstown area.

• Visited March 2013
Evansville, Indiana
“A fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal at the Chapeze House. The Colonel and Margaret Sue are lovely hosts. Dinner was a large pork chop, green beans, scalloped potatoes and baked apples. The only disappointment I had was dessert - it was cherry crumble - granted the whipped cream and cherries were good and had bourbon in them, but I prefer chocolate :) My favorite part of the meal was the cornbread and my mint Julep. I am not sure why others have complained about this place. I enjoyed the Kentucky hospitality - if you come to the Chapeze House, go in hoping for good bourbon, food, and friendly conversation, and you will not be disappointed - it was a fun evening and I can't wait to come back for cooking school :)

Louisville, Kentucky
“Perfect and Personal Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I took my parents to the Chapeze House for dinner, and also so I could check it out for my son's upcoming rehearsal dinner. As we arrived, there were three lovely and fun ladies also there for dinner. We enjoyed cocktails and great conversation with everyone in the center room and had some delicious cheese dip and crackers. The Colonel visited with us and instantly felt like an old friend. Then we went into the dining room where we all sat down to dinner together. The marinated pork chop was delicious! as well as the sides. It was way more food than I could eat, and all cooked to perfection and served by the Colonel. After dinner The Colonel and his lovely wife Margaret sat with us as we relaxed with coffee and dessert and we had great conversation. It was a very relaxing evening. The Chapeze House isn't just 'dinner', its an experience. I felt I walked away having spent quality time with some great folks. I am excited to have our rehearsal dinner here!