“Mammy's is a trip back to Mama's Kitchen” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar, Dessert, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Bardstown
“Mammy's is a trip back to Mama's Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My sister and I ate at Mamm'ys around noon on Saturday Nov. 17, 2012. (There are two listings for Mammy's--Mammy's Diner and Mammy's Kitchen but it is just one place!!) As usual food was GREAT! My sister had the open faced roast beef special and loved it. I had a dressed burger with bleu cheese and chili--both very tasty, right temperature and appealing to the eye! My only suggestion would be to toast buns. (I'll try to remember to ask next time!) Service very good --friendly and efficient. Great atmosphere too!!! Actually going there for Thanksgiving Day!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wolcottville
“Sounded Good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The meal was agerage, they severs us hot chocolate pie. We did returen it. We ordered the special, and was told they had fresh pie, but did inform us it was not chilled. I thougth they warmed it in micro. The sevice was good and friendly.
Not good enough food to want to go back.

Visited October 2012
Springboro
“Not as good as reviews we read before deciding to try the diner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was just ok....nothing special. Would not go here again. Four of us each got something different, and none of them was really that good.

Visited November 2012
Roseburg, Oregon
“Great little place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I where on a driving vacation in Tenn thru Kentucky and eating at places on Tripadvisor, some good and some not so good. This place lived up to its billing as it was great!

We stopped in for breadfast and our waitress was supper nice. She gave us suggestions. We split an omelet and she suggested a Cinnabon pancake. The omelet was very good but it didn't come with hashbrowns-guess you have to order them on the side. The Cinnabon pancake was to die for. It looked so sweet but it wasn't too sweet. We both had never had anything like it. The cook or owner lady came out and asked us how we liked it and said she loved making those pancakes.

The cafe is nicely decorated old style, the girls working there are great and the food we had was very very good and at a good price. I'd recomment Mammy's to everyone. It's located right down town on the main street.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati
“Hopping spot in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I had brunch at Mammy's this past Sunday. The restaurant was very busy. We had to wait for a table as did everyone who came in after us. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but we had breakfast so I can't comment on the food for the other meals. I had an omelet which was very good. My only complaint was that I think they used canned mushrooms instead of fresh ones. My husband had steak and eggs which he enjoyed. We also liked the homemade biscuits. The staff was very young (and it's family run) and they really moved. They were constantly in motion and always had a smile on their faces. The decor is funky and it looks like it's been there for generations but I read on the back cover of the menu that the restaurant isn't that old. This place is definitely worth a stop.

• Visited October 2012