It's a very clean hotel. Look at the bathroom. I have never seen such a clean bathroom in the hotel for my entire life. Actually, I need to ask them later; what kind of liquid they use to remove stain, lime, mild dew, hard water, and rust? As they don't have them all in their bathrooms!!! Not a single one!! Amazing...
Other plus points:
1. the room is spacious (choose deluxe room, it's the largest one)
2. there is a porch in front of the room,
3. beautiful gardens, beautiful decoration,
4. the price is cheap (IDR 450,000 = USD 45. Normally, I have to pay USD 70 for the same quality in other hotels in Indonesia.)
5. the staffs are friendly,
6. they serve traditional snacks between meal time, and
7. the surrounding is calm.
1. Less noise because its location is nowhere but still accessible to downtown (only 10-15 minutes by taxi). For those who like to shop or go out at night by walking, this hotel is not the good option. Choose ones that are near Malioboro Street instead.
2. It has calm situation because the hotel rooms are also limited (only 11 rooms). So, book in advance to make sure the availability. It's one of the most favorite ones, especially for the expatriates.
3. Rijsttafel is pricey (IDR 79,000 = USD 8/person, minimum order 2 persons) while the taste is solala. Try it by your own so you can give other input. I'm too demanding if it comes to food though :)
If you want to know more, visit their site: www.rumahmertua.com
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Rumah Mertua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumah Mertua Yogyakarta