“The best customer service ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta

You added Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Palagan Tentara Pelajar, Ngaglik, Yogyakarta 55581, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ngaglik
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“The best customer service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My stay was excellent from the booking until check out. Fast check in, great selection of foods, extrimely friendly and well trained staff and fabulous view. The best surprise I had was they offered me selection of choice able women amenities in room from nail polish until brush! I've been staying in so many hotels but never had this experience before. Bravo Hyatt! You never stop surprising me! I can't wait to comeback..

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'll be back someday !! So homy,,Friendly,,and Have a great view...golf view,,mount view,,swimming pool and any others...when i felt so bored With my job, my activity ,, and absolutly for the traffic jam..i Miss this place !

Room Tip: Regency Club ,,They have maju complimantary Like evening cocktail and all day coffee and tea..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was happy to stay in the hotel. Feel like stay in a beautiful palace with Javanese culture touch, with Merapi mountain view. Wide golf course landscape give us wide view, long n winding jogging track. Some swimming-pools for family. Breakfast menu are great, combination of Western, Indonesian, East-Asian tastes. Only weakness, not to close to downtown of Yogyakarta. Very welcome and polite of staffs.

Room Tip: Get the room with the Merapi mountain view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

No doubt The Hyatt delivers excellent services, unfortunately these services can be so streamlined, they lose the character of the environment and culture where their hotels are located. While I enjoyed my stay in their Jogja hotel considerably, I have this suspicion in the back of my head that maybe this would have been a better experience if the Hyatt took in Jogja's culture and made it more integral to the whole hotel experience. Sure there are the occasional local artworks and woodcarvings in the decor, and local food in the breakfast buffet, but somehow there's a certain 'je ne sais quoi', a spirit to the city that isn't in the hotel. Which is a little bit heartbreaking considering the marvelous backdrops and the spectacular scenery in The Hyatt's landscape.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After almost one week exploring beaches, visiting exotic caves, viewing sunrise over Borobudur temple, and enjoying jogjanese cuisines...., Me, my wife, and, son decided to pick this hotel for a rest.

Even though, it is old, The hotel itself is very relaxing, quiet, and have a beautiful garden and surroundings.

We chose a room with a terrace face the pool and the garden. it's a good choice, we could have our inroom dining or tea time privately there.

The room is large and comfy enough, no complaint about it.

The dining experience, no problem, good ambience especially for the outdoor part, but more local cuisine options would be good to overcome boredome for guests that stay quite long.

Our favorit part is the outdoor activities. The pool is unique and very relaxing, my son loves the sliding feature. if they add a jacuzzi there it would be very perfect. The golf club also allow my son to do the putting on the green nearby. I saw there are sport bikes that can be rent.

One tips, don't go to the health club, it's not Hyatt standard at all.

The best part is the people, they are very helpful and full of sincere smile.

Room Tip: Avoid the room that close to the one huge parabolic antene, that may dilute your viewing experience.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a company event. I was disappointed with the hotel. The rooms were very tired. The towels in my room were damp. The food was average - the restaurant tablecloths and stains on them. The sheets felt damp. The staff were friendly but the service was nothing special. My company was paying for the event - I would not go back for a personal visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hanoi, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel/resort was fine. The food was good at both the restaurant and the "Teras", staff polite & courteous, clean facilities. The pool and the gardens were really lush and beautiful. Our overall experience was positive.

One thing we did not realize was how far the hotel is from central Jogja. It's written 5km but with the traffic these days it took us nearly one hour (one way) to get to central Jogja/sightseeing. So it would be a great place to stay if you just want to enjoy the food and hang out at the pool (we loved the slides!) but not a good place if you want to do much sightseeing.

As I wrote above, the staff were polite and courteous, but not really efficient. I had two complaints about the service:

Check-in was not at all smooth. We arrived at 12:30 and was told our room was not ready (which was OK, since check-in time was 2pm), so we went to have lunch and came back around 2:30. The room was still not ready. Soon after we were told one of the two rooms were ready so we hung out there for a bit, but there was a lot of confusion about the second room and where to put our luggage, etc. By the time we were all settled it was 3pm, not a very good way to start the stay at all.

It took as a while to get the baby cot. I rang the morning of our stay to make sure we had a cot reserved for our baby, and made sure at check-in that there was a cot ready, but we entered the room to find no cot. I called housekeeping before we left for dinner, and we came back at 9pm to find that the cot was still not in the room! Had to call housekeeping again and wait 15 more minutes until someone finally came with the cot. I and our tired/grumpy children were very disappointed with this arrangement.

So all in all it was a pleasant enough stay at the Hyatt, but for our next stay in Jogja we'll probably look for another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!