“very good experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Santa Rosa, New Mexico
“very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

we enjoyed the restaurant very much because of the atmosphere the cleanliness the service the friendly people that took care of us and the very good prices i would recommend this restaurant to anyone who would enjoy delicious food at a very very good place

• Visited August 2013

Maricopa, Arizona
“Mennonite-Amish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Who would expect to find such a great restaurant in a small town mainly populated by Mennonite and Amish families amid the wheat and corn fields in rural Kansas?? We enjoyed several meals there. The food was plentiful, homemade and served by Amish and Mennonite women in their traditional garb. We discovered that the reputation of these two sects for making 'to be remembered' desserts was well deserved.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“One of my favorite restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We need to drive about half an hour from our house to this restaurant but i just feel worth the journey. The food there are just delicious. My favorite is the deep fried cat fish and the apple pie. My husband like the bread, pork chops and the cherry pie. The price is amazing you can get a big meal set from just $9. The waitress are very friendly too, we were happily tips them more.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro
“Disappoint with poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a favorite stop while in Hutch. It seems Carriage Crossing is resting on its laurels and is now nothing more than a tourist trap. The food was average but he service was poor. The waitress was gone for long periods, she did not check back with me. The bread, which is said baked fresh daily, was stale, it seemed left over from the weekend. By weekend I mean Saturday because Carriage Crossing is closed on Sunday. i normally eat the loaf because it is tasty but not this time.

I received my lemonade, which was good, in a dirty glass. I had the fried chicken. It was tasty. The mashed potatoes did not taste homemade nor did the brown jellied gravy that looked and tasted out of a can. The green beans were Ok. They were seasoned well. I ordered pie which has always been a hit here. Imagine my disappointment when my pecan peach pie was refrigerator cold with raw crust on the bottom. It was a fruit pie and the server did not offer an option to heat or ice cream. She just brought my cold, raw pie and left the check. Needless to say I did not feel gratuitous.

It was just bad this time. New management? I don't know but it is not what it use to be. I will not make the effort to stop next time I am in town. I will not recommend anymore either.

Visited June 2013
“Used to be one of my favorites,extremely disappointed. Won't be back.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Portion sizes have decreased horribly. Great snack. Unless your strictly vegetarian. Best thing there is the pie. Unless you just want to shop.

• Visited June 2013