“Horrible Bugs! Eiewwwwwww!” 1 of 5 stars

Indiana
“Horrible Bugs! Eiewwwwwww!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

3 options in Winfield used to be the best
No more alas it has fallen into the abyss of absurdly gross and needs to be condemned
During visit staff was friendly
Checked in at 10:30 pm
3:00 AM potty visit resulted in first encounter with a quarter sized oval shaped bug the likes of which I had never seen before ..... FLUSHED that one!
Went back to bed sleeplessly due to eiewwwww factor, let hubby snooze.
In AM there were smaller black bugs everywhere ( have pictures )
I'm SLOW moving in AM - buy NOT that day I was dressed and packed in a jiffy!
Could not exit building FAST enough!!!
Called hotel manager after return was polite advised situation
She commented "she didn't know where they came from, someone brought them in"
I told her I had pictures if she wanted me to forward them she advised not necessary.
Said she would give us a credit!! Ha!
$22.00 and change. Really??????
Received email from Super 8 Corporate the usual follow up
Told them....... No action
Upon return home I unpacked from my entire trip (10 days) 2people in garage
Shook out all clothes before bringing in house to laundry room & fumigated luggage!
I have waited a month to write review to see if I would become more benevolent about situation.
Inexcusable to charge $106 a nite to sleep with bugs !
When visiting Winfield a very charming community we reccomend the new casinos in Ark City or South of Wichita on the main highway.
We will not stay at super 8 again
Shame on you!!!!!!!!!
You are supposed to receive payment to provide a service!
Send the health department in on this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
S8ManagerWinfield, Manager at Super 8 Winfield/Quail Ridge, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for any inconvenience (or discomfort, delay, etc.) you experienced. I have reported your concerns and they has been resolved.

Darren Nearhood
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harrisonville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I just stayed two nights at the Super 8 just outside of Winfield at the Quail Ridge Golf Course. We stayed in a non-smoking King bed room on the first floor of the hotel.

The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The pillows were a little on the hard side though, so if you are a person that likes soft pillows like me you might consider bringing one from home if you will stay several nights.

The staff was helpful and efficient. When we checked in they asked us what a good time to send the maid would be which I appreciated. Also, the hotel provided us with a copy of our receipt slipped under the door our last morning along with instructions for "Express Check Out" so we just left our keys in the room and called the front desk to inform them we were leaving.

Additionally, the complimentary breakfast provided was actually pretty good and included biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cold cereal, toast, muffins, English muffins, a make your own waffle station as well as coffee, orange juice, apple juice and milk. The breakfast area also remained well stocked even towards the end of breakfast hours.

All considered, for the price and quality we will likely stay here again when visiting family in the area.

Room Tip: Look for discount deals on the price of the room to get more bang for your buck. All the rooms are f...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Hood, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

BUGS, musk/mold smell AND Assist. Manager telling the front desk clerk to spray bug killer and open the window to take care of a situation. HELLO, I have 2 children and all of us have allergies!

Room Tip: The night time front desk clerk were the best the entire time our family was there!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Winfield hotels

Rzeszow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

That is probably the best choice in Winfield. Comfort Inn is just across the street, but I don’t like CI hotels. Super 8 is not very modern hotel, but clean and well organized. They even have a small pool in there! Spent there a week, and that was one of the best Super 8 I’ve ever stayed. I really enjoyed self service breakfasts with waffles and fresh fruits or syrup. The only disadvantage for me is that hotel is located near highway and railway tracks so I woke up couple times at night because of the noise.

Room Tip: Do not take room from highway side.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

For just over $100 I got to stay in this motel with a pet -- which included an extra charge of $10 for having a pet in a smoking room. I was on the second floor and there is no elevator in this place. The smoking room absolutely reeked, by the way. But if I had chosen a non-smoking room, the charge would have been an extra $35, which equates to $10 for the pet and $25 for choosing the non-smoking room. I will say that the staff was very nice -- they wanted to see my dog -- and the place was clean. The breakfast is a non-benefit for me, since I usually don't eat breakfast. Overall, this is a very average motel, maybe not for Winfield, but for everywhere else in the world, and the charge to stay in a reeking room with a pet was ridiculous. I was just too tired to look for something else in town or continue to another town. By the way, trains can be heard pretty well from the motel room. It didn't bother me, but it might bother someone else.

Room Tip: The Comfort Inn just across the street has the same pet policy. Might be a little quieter because i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Buckholts, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Have been staying at this hotel, two to three night, once a year for past seven years, Has allways been great. This is the first Super8 I had stayed at. Didn't know what to expect. My experience here has caused me to try other Super8s, I have not found another Super I would stay at the second night. Winfield hotel isn't fancy, but is clean and well maintained. The staff is helpfu, l will be back next Aug.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

After a bad experience at a nearby Super8, I expected the worst, but was surprised to find the lobby and rooms well maintained and CLEAN! While not a new building, it was obvious that the staff took pride in maintaining the property, even down to the simple details of how they place the soap and shampoo in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Winfield/Quail Ridge? Share your experiences!