“Did not meet expectations” 3 of 5 stars

Sonner Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1812 Main St, Winfield, KS 67156   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Winfield
Oklahoma city
“Did not meet expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I found the accommodations here were average at BEST. I don't have a problem with retro décor or small rooms, but the floor coverings were pretty decrepit and there was old messy duct tape holding down the edges between the room and bath. The sink fixtures were REALLY dirty. The water temp was difficult to set and maintain. The toilet and furniture appeared to be clean, but one has to wonder how deep it goes. I don't see an even marginally germaphobic person being comfortable in this room. We didn't do the free breakfast but it looked to be minimal. When we checked in the person on the desk spoke NO english and I had to review a series of confirmation slips to tell him which person I was. There is free wi-fi but it is AGONIZINGLY SLOOOOW. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable enough and the bedding smelled sweet and clean. The big flat-screen TV, bath heat-lamp, fridge and microwave are nice amenities. I probably would pay a little more to stay somewhere else the next time I'm in Winfield.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We spent one night here on our way home to CO from visiting family in AL. I love the "retro" feel, decor of the place. The price was certainly right. The room was small, but we did not need a suite to just crash in for a night. It was clean (and that is a priority for us). The bed was comfortable. We did not eat the breakfast - chose instead to visit a local place. But this was a fine place to spend the night - will return when we make the AL trip again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Winfield, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This motel was one of the finest ever on my trip. Reasonable rates for what they offer. Free breakfast and high speed Internet. I stayed with my family and the kids enjoyed it. The staff was very kind and polite to us. House Keeping when you need it. Next time we will stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This motel was older and needed some updating and it looked liek they were doing just that! But the front desk was helpful and friendly. The only real problem I had was the shower curtain. I think they need htose plastic liners with the magnets to hold against the shower wall! Otherwise it was clean and the beds were comfy and the price was right!

Room Tip: We noticed it was very quiet cosnidering it was on a busy road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a good place to stay if all you're looking for is a "jumping off" point. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the rooms they're just older, very basic and a bit on the small side. The free breakfast is pretty minimal. The family who runs the place was very accomodating and nice. They are pet friendly and charge a small fee (one person told me $10 but they only charged $5 when I got there). The one downside about the pet friendly is there's almost no place for your pet to relieve themselves. There is a 12 inch border around the back parking lot with dirt but that's about it. For the price I'd stay there again if I was only sleeping and not planning to spend much time in the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonner Motor Inn? Share your experiences!