“Knowledgable - Friendly Folks who follow through” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Airport to your Saves list
Quality Suites Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   658 Westdale Dr, Wichita, KS 67209 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Mondamin, Iowa
“Knowledgable - Friendly Folks who follow through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was in no signal Ks. when I called to make my room res. - Johnny got my Guest Privilage # - Looked up the info - made the res. - called my wife at home to confirm - When I arrived all was in order. - King room - large & clean with good internet. They've had some help turn over but are doing an excellant job in hiring & training. Why do I stay here - good value, good folks, good breakfast & they are working to make it better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We checked in around 8:00pm, we went up to our room we were assigned. I opened the door and there were two unmade beds and pillows on the floor. Only to be relocated to another room with a broken toilet (finding that out after using it).We then were relocated AGAIN after the front desk person could not get their act together after 40 minutes. The rooms were dirty, seeming that the house keeping staff only did the bare minimum. we slept fine except for the fact that there was the smell of cigarette smoke coming from the hallway. When we went down stairs for breakfast we could clearly smell cigarette smoke inside. After that night we left and went to a hotel down the street. A couple hours afternleaving I had realized I had left my phone charger plugged into the lamp. No problem I thought to myself, we went back there and waited for the girl at the desk ordering on the phone to decide weather she wanted blue cheese or ranch dressing on her salad. I asked her about my phone charger and she told me that it was probably in the house keeping room and that was locked and she did not have a key. I asked her to leave a note to someone and to check tomorrow she reassured me she would. I came back the next day since we were staying up the road. Again I asked the different person if they had gotten a note or access to the house keeping room. They told me they had gotten no note. They told me to leave my name and number and when they got access they would call me. The next day. I called "quality suites" rather then drive over there. There must have been no communication between staff because I still got the same run around as I did before. I asked to speak to the manager, I was told he would be there in a couple hours and she would leave a note for him to call me, needless to say I never got that call. All in all it was a very un clean hotel and incompetent and unprofessional staff.

• Stayed August 2012
Dodge City, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

When we arrived I needed some information about the airport since my daughter was flying in from PA and I needed to look up her flight on the computer. The lady at the desk did not even know what the initials of the airport was. I was in a panic so I couldn't remember that it was ICT. I think the people at the desk should know this since it is titled "Quality Suites Airport". Also, when I was waiting in the lobby the next morning, I heard one of the morning staff talking loudly to the manager about one of the workers that was stealing alcohol from the cooler in the kitchen(or somewhere around there). That should have been a private conversation. Also, this same young lady had a guy friend visiting(sitting on the lobby couch). When she had a free moment she went over and sat down next to him in an embrace...very unprofessional! Everything else about our stay was great, except I would have appreciated having warm scrambled eggs. A lady that was eating breakfast told me to heat the eggs in the microwave or I would have thrown them out like my husband did when he tasted cold eggs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My colleague and I stayed at this hotel the night before last on business and we were both very satisfied with the price of the hotel, breakfast, checkout procedures, and the size and quality of the rooms. It was close to the airport, where we had to meet a client which was convenient as well.

The only thing we were NOT satisfied with was the transportation arrangement that the hotel had with Best Cab Service in getting their hotel patrons to and from the airport. The hotel does not have a shuttle and has an arrangement to pay for patrons to take Best Cab Service to and from the airport. The cab driver that picked us up was nice, but had no idea how to get to the hotel (2.8 miles from the airport) and needed to use my phone's GPS to get us there (while driving).

The cab driver that picked us up in Cab 23 yesterday (May 17th in the morning) took almost 35 mins to get there and when he got there he moved slow as molasses and seemed very put out to pick us up. On our way to the client's HQ we asked to be dropped off at the main entrance and not the service entrance (they were far apart). This upset the driver something fierce and he said "It's the same F*#$#& place! Why do you want me to take this entrance?! I don't need this attitude from a couple A&#holes!" We were totally shocked and told him please don't get upset, just drop us off we'll pay and get out. After more profanity I said that we were calling the cab company and the hotel to tell them about his conduct and he said "I don't give a S***!" We got to the meeting rattled, needless to say, neither of us had ever seen conduct like this from a driver.

The hotel is good. I do recommend it. But be very careful. You may want to find your own transportation to and from the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Salina ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

when you first walk into the lobby you get a musty smell but dont let that disappoint you The room we had was very clean and modern Nice comfortable beds and showers were good the lobby was clean and the breakfast buffet was good had waffles biscuit and gravy, some fruit , oatmeal, danish and cereal. I would go back friendly staff and it was quiet. a little bit of a pain to get to the entrance if you dont know how to get there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed at this property recently for business. I was pleasantly surprised at the location, amenities, and room size, considering the low rate. Whenever I reserve a room at this low rate - $70 - w/o seeing the property, I get nervous. But this place was very nice. The lobby area is very attractive, with live plants, fountains, etc. The rooms are actually suites with a separate sitting area, nice refrigerators, and a microwave. There are plenty of restaurants, and a big shopping mall adjacent to the hotel. Keep this property in mind when staying by the Wichita airport.

Room Tip: Ielieve the hotels is going through renovations, so ask for a renovated room.