“Will come back again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Houston, Texas
“Will come back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

My husband and I spent a weekend in this hotel. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. I requested some extra pillows when I booked the hotel, and I got exactly what I wanted. The pillow is soft and smells fresh. The hotel staff is very nice and I was able to get a late check out at 2pm. The free breakfast is decent and as expected. There are many restaurants in the area, so very convenient as well.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

If you're looking for a place that has a ton of amenities, then you shouldn't stay here. However, if you're looking for a place to sleep, shower, and ......shave (haha), then this place is it. We stopped here for one night while driving from Indianapolis to Phoenix and slept.. well. The rooms aren't large (then again, most of the persons staying at this hotel seemed to be business travelers, not a family of four) but they serve their purpose well. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, and showers were powerful. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

After a rough week at work I was visiting family, but wanted to be in a hotel for some quiet time. This was just what I needed. I got a good price and it had everything I needed. I did ask for the first floor since there was no elevator. I enjoyed the free internet service. But most of all, I thought that this was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I had ever slept in. Room was reasonably clean. Only area was a bit of mold in the grout in the tub. The front desk was very nice and I thought the free breakfast was tasty. The waffle was very good. They also had breakfast sandwiches you could microwave, yogurt, bagels and cereal. I also made a trip down to the lobby each night for my cookies and bottled water. I would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was here on business and stayed at this hotel for an extended stay. The customer service was excellent and value priced. The hotel is outdated and no extras. If unable to climb stairs, you will need to stay on the first floors as there are no elevators. They do have a breakfast bar, while small it will meet basic needs. There is nothing in walking distance so you will need a car. I would however recommend this hotel for business stays.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Reserved this hotel on Priceline for $45 for one night. On our way to a high school sporting event we stopped for a quick check in. Karl was working the desk and was very helpful, courteous and informative. Check in took all of two minutes and then we were back on the road. We eventually got back to the motel around 9:30. Entry into the building and room were just as Karl told us. The room, while not anything extravagant was clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well. We didn't get up in time for the continental breakfast, mostly due to the comfortable bed. Overall, it was great value for what the room cost us!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

This Fairfield Inn is very out of date; has no elevator; the lobby is just a small building with just the breakfast lobby,check-in desk and restrooms; the guest rooms are in two separate 2- story structures on both sides of the lobby, WITH NO ELEVATOR, so that you must go outside to the breakfast/lobby. The staff attributes the unusual structure to the age of the building. It is not ADA compliant.

On the other hand, the room was fine, the breakfast was above average, and the staff was very good. The manager went out of his way to help me with a batttery jump when I had left my lights on overnight. For the few amenities, I thought the price was too high.
I would say this hotel did not live up to what I would expect of a Marriott property.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

This was a stopping point for the last night of a very long road trip. We pulled in about 1:00AM and we were really tired so we appreciated the fact that the front desk got us checked in very quickly. The next smile came when we saw the room - it was clean and spacious for the price. Then we fell into bed and breathed a big sigh of happiness to find great pillows and the most comfortable mattress we'd experienced at any hotel on this trip. It was wonderful.

We utilized the wireless internet before leaving in the morning and that was very efficient.

We really didn't stay long enough to use any other areas of the hotel. If I'm ever passing through Wichita again, I'll certainly stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn Wichita East? Share your experiences!