“Outstanding customer service and a great value.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
usa
“Outstanding customer service and a great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was here on business and stayed at this hotel for an extended stay. The customer service was excellent and value priced. The hotel is outdated and no extras. If unable to climb stairs, you will need to stay on the first floors as there are no elevators. They do have a breakfast bar, while small it will meet basic needs. There is nothing in walking distance so you will need a car. I would however recommend this hotel for business stays.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Reserved this hotel on Priceline for $45 for one night. On our way to a high school sporting event we stopped for a quick check in. Karl was working the desk and was very helpful, courteous and informative. Check in took all of two minutes and then we were back on the road. We eventually got back to the motel around 9:30. Entry into the building and room were just as Karl told us. The room, while not anything extravagant was clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well. We didn't get up in time for the continental breakfast, mostly due to the comfortable bed. Overall, it was great value for what the room cost us!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

This Fairfield Inn is very out of date; has no elevator; the lobby is just a small building with just the breakfast lobby,check-in desk and restrooms; the guest rooms are in two separate 2- story structures on both sides of the lobby, WITH NO ELEVATOR, so that you must go outside to the breakfast/lobby. The staff attributes the unusual structure to the age of the building. It is not ADA compliant.

On the other hand, the room was fine, the breakfast was above average, and the staff was very good. The manager went out of his way to help me with a batttery jump when I had left my lights on overnight. For the few amenities, I thought the price was too high.
I would say this hotel did not live up to what I would expect of a Marriott property.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

This was a stopping point for the last night of a very long road trip. We pulled in about 1:00AM and we were really tired so we appreciated the fact that the front desk got us checked in very quickly. The next smile came when we saw the room - it was clean and spacious for the price. Then we fell into bed and breathed a big sigh of happiness to find great pillows and the most comfortable mattress we'd experienced at any hotel on this trip. It was wonderful.

We utilized the wireless internet before leaving in the morning and that was very efficient.

We really didn't stay long enough to use any other areas of the hotel. If I'm ever passing through Wichita again, I'll certainly stay here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

$87 and not motel 6. Clean attractive king bed room with good mattress. 67 channels of tv.B.R.clean but small but adequate.Breakfast typical but good selection. If you want bettr , you have to go up the star ladder a ways.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Will not stay here again. Not a terrible experience but definitely not what I'd expect from a Fairfield Inn and very sub-par for any Marriott family hotel. My room and the whole building I was in was run down (I went into 3 other rooms in addition to mine). Bathroom was old with some minor mold in the shower. TV was old, bedspreads/sheets were old, furniture was run down. Shower/bath splitter didn't work well, sink was very worn and tired looking. Heater was so loud that it woke me up every time it turned on/off. Heaters and bathroom fans in the adjoining rooms were so loud that it was a nuisance every time people staying next to me went to the bathroom or when their heat kicked on.

This is more like a cheap Motel 6 and not worth the $80 I paid. I chose this hotel b/c I'm a gold level Marriott Rewards member and it was cheap for a Marriott. Check in staff didn't even recognize my Rewards status (first time ever that I was not thanked for being a loyal customer and given some sort of a perk).

There are many hotels on this block that are much nicer for the same price (Hampton Inn, Studio plus). There is also a full-fledged Marriott next door, which is where I should have stayed for a bit more money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

The hotel was fine and had been updated. The internet was spotty. There were no elevators in Bldg 2. I am all for walking up stairs unless I am lugging tons of luggage and its late at night.
No ice machine. And as a woman traveling alone, I hate hotels that only have one set of curtains on the windows. The shearness of the single set of curtains are disturbing to me.
Staff was great, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn Wichita East? Share your experiences!