“Not the usual for Country Inn and Suites Brand- updates needed still” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7824 E 32nd St N, Wichita, KS 67226 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #44 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Salina, Kansas
“Not the usual for Country Inn and Suites Brand- updates needed still”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The property is in a very great location , just off the interchange, rooms are pretty sound proof considering this fact. My issue is I love the Country Inn & Suites brand, but this is privately owned, and updates concerning the rooms still need to be made. The bathrooms still have old shower enclosures, sinks and vanities that are in need of replacement. The room was clean, but little things as stated in other reviews where found in our room also, hair, crumbs, dust, etc...I'd say housekeeping lead should walk the rooms after each cleaning.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

We stayed at this hotel one night while on a "road trip" What a disappointment to find there wasn't a hot tub in the pool area. The
swimming pool was not very warm. When we had breakfast at 8:00. there were no plates or silverware, fruit was empty as well as most of the food offerings. There didn't seem to be anyone around to replenish
anything. I wasn't the only person who went to the front desk to ask for the simple things, like plates and silverware! On a positive note, my husband is a Carlson Gold card member and there was a bag of "treats" in our upgraded room. We would not stay at this Country Inn Suites again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Aaron G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Thank You for your review! I do apologize that the pool temperature was low. We have purchased the heating element and it is up and running well. We removed the hot tub from before to accomodate our guest requesting a guest laundry room. I have addressed the issue with breakfast with our team and assure you that we are taking a closer look to fix this issue. Thank you again for staying with us!
Topeka, Kansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

This was an impromptu stay due to possible bad weather heading our way home up northeast. My husband and I were immediately wowed by front desk staff, especially being at 3:00am. Front desk gave us awesome treatment through our entire weekend stay.

However, cleanliness was a major problem! Allow me to be clear that the public areas such as pool, fitness center, and entries were immaculate. The individual room was awful! The first thing I noticed in our room was a crumpled napkin stuck to the fire alarm above the beds. Then, crumbs on the floor between the beds. There was also some kind of 'gross' on the bed sheets, blanket, and second blanket. Not only that, but a box of used Kleenexes just under the corner sheets of the bed. My husband noticed a booger on the TV while he was watching the chiefs play. The iron looked like it was molding over from God knows what. The top of the beds both looked like they hadn't been dusted in a week. The bathroom had hairs in the bathtub and all over the floor.

Whoever those housekeepers are either need to get it together or be fired!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your review. I have had a meeting with our team to make sure that this does not happen again. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay with us. I am very sorry for this inconvenient stay at our hotel and assure you that I have personally addressed this issue regarding our rooms.
Wichta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip when I booked a block of rooms we were having for a meeting at WSU. The staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. Clean, classy, comfortable, quiet, non-smoking, exceptional management and great location! I will stay here the next time I am in Wichita.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you so much for your review. We want to please all of our guest that stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to Wichita, KS. GO WICHITA STATE SHOCKERS!!!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast? Share your experiences!