“Good hotel, except get the rate quote in writing!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7824 E 32nd St N, Wichita, KS 67226 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #41 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
“Good hotel, except get the rate quote in writing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at this hotel in May 2014 and July 2014. First I will say that all of the staff we had dealings with while at the hotel were helpful and great to work with. They really make you feel welcome while you are there. Some reviews have noted this is not a huge hotel. But we have found the rooms are more than adequate in size. There is a nice indoor pool. For this style of hotel we thought the breakfast was well presented and a good variety. Also we think this has a great location for Wichita. You are close to K-96 and Rock Road with good access to the area. Cookies and coffee are always available in the lobby.

All that said I would normally rate this property higher. However in our most recent visit we had an issue with the rate that has me questioning the hotel. For our July visit I made the reservation several months ago. This was for our sons baseball team. The team was allowed a block of rooms. When I called to reserve there were only a few rooms remaining in the block and they were a King with sofa sleeper. Normally we would not use that room. However the team rate was good so we decided to accept. Otherwise I would have searched for a hotel with two beds. I took a confirmation number but did not receive anything in writing. My wife checked us in for the visit and also did the check out. When we arrived home I noticed the rate was $30.00 more per night than I was told at the time of reservation. I called the next morning and was told that for some reason our room was not included in the team rate and that the sales manager (Trisha) had told the front desk that we would not receive the team rate! I believed the person I spoke with was just doing what she was told. So I left a detailed message for Trisha but I have not received a response. Very disappointed I would at least not receive a reply and explanation.

All that being said it is a good lesson. We took for granted that we were so well taken care of during our first visit in May that we assumed if there were problems things would be handled.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

15 people have reviewed this hotel

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Defintely wouldn't pay the full price of $109 a night. First room had ants when we had a pizza and had only one piece left over in box and in morning got ants all in box. Then exhaust fan was hanging down in bathroom. Breakfast time was different during week versus weekend and didn't know so we didn't get to have breakfast in morning. Pool is on the small side and chlorine was high. The front desk was nice and gave us another room because of ants. We could have stayed somewhere nicer for the money. They did renovations but consisted of nicer lighting and beds were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014
Aaron G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for your response. I do Apologize for the ants that were in your room. I have addressed the housekeeping staff of this issue and I have also called our local pest control company to spray all rooms for ants. We definitely want to make sure ou guest feel welcome when they stay. We want to do everything we can to make sure you enjoy your stay. I am confident we can fix this problem and we hope you stay with us again. Thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Emporia, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very pleased with our stay. I had the bad experience of losing my diamond ring and not realizing it until we were gone. I called back and the staff looked for it. Then I received a call from them that they had found it and they would have it at the front desk for me. They went out of their way to look for it and return it to me. I can not THANK THEM enough for the kindness they showed and the extra effort they put into looking for it. When I was free from my meeting I returned to the hotel and got my ring. Our trip required staying a second night at the hotel which had not been planned, They were able to reserve a room for that night also. The staff went above and beyond what they had to do and it was very much appreciated. They were pleasant and helpful in all matters during our stay. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was clean and spacious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed at this property on May 25th as a stopover on our way north on I135. The rooms were new and large. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast was good. We will stay here again if our plans take us to Wichita.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Aaron G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We definitely appreciate you choosing the Country Inn and SUites in Wichita, KS. We desire to deliver the best customer service to all guests that stay with us. Our hotel is newly renovated and we are glad you had a great experience in our hotel. We would love to see you again. Thank you again for choosing Country Inn and Suites.

Norman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I'd rate this as the equivalent of a Days Inn. Cramped room, cheaply furnished, loud refrigerator, stains on carpet and in bathtub plus other signs of wear and tear, sagging mattress, poor sound proofing. I had higher expectations based on the description and reviews.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello Mr Rodomontade,

I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations here at the Country Inn and Suites. We definitely strive to deliver the best customer service. Country Inn and Suites is a newly renovated hotel and the brand continuously strives for a fresh decor for this new brand of hotel. I do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to note these comments to our Brand Manager. Thank you for staying with us!

Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great hotel. Easy check-in. Very good price. Décor and room were good. Breakfast was good but lacking in fresh cut fruit, yogurt, microwave and individual oatmeal packets. The orange juice was not diluted down as so many hotels seem to do. Evening and morning front desk staff were great. Will definitely stay again when in the area. I didn't like being on the 3rd floor and the only ice machine was on the first floor.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Ann,

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Country Inn and Suites! I do appreciate the feedback. One thing we have implemented is a complete breakfast. Fresh Cuts Fruits, Instant Oatmeal Packets as well as Freshly Made Oatmeal. I definitely agree with you about finally having a Country Inn and Suites in Wichita, KS. More importantly we are very grateful for you choosing our hotel for your experience in WIchita. We hope to see you soon!

Wichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on 4/11/14-4/13/14 when I came into Wichita for a funeral with my small son. The hotel was comfortable, rooms were kept clean, and housekeeping did a good job of providing new towels and linens. My son really enjoyed the pool as well as the hot breakfast in the mornings, especially the waffle station. We will definitely stay again when we return to Wichita.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Michelle,

What a priviledge it was to have you experience the Country Inn and Suites. In our efforts to increase customer service to the max we definitely hope to see you again soon!

Aaron Garrett

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Wichita Northeast? Share your experiences!