“Walk across the street and it's an entirely different world sometimes...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Wichita East

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 79 hotels in Wichita
McKinney, Texas
“Walk across the street and it's an entirely different world sometimes...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

After two mediocre and disappointing weeks at the Courtyard on the south side of 29th Street, I decided to check out the Towne Place on the north side. Wow. What an astounding difference. The Towne Place is markedly more well kept. Yes, the property seems to have been around for a while, but they clearly are striving to keep the entire site fresh and up to date. The rates are better than the Courtyard and there is no annoying 'Bistro' nonsense to nickel and dime you to death over a cup of yogurt. The rooms are larger and the beds are comfy. Above all, their staff is welcoming, engaging, and appreciative to have you stay as their valued guest. Perhaps, I'm just biased against hour long debates over rate codes at the Courtyard front desk. However, when you are genuinely welcomed as a Marriott Elite guest by the second sentence of a phone call, it does tend to stand out. Kudos to Chris at the front desk! Apparently, I'm not alone here. I have advised my company to send future travel here.

Room Tip: Request a room on the southwest side away from the highway for a quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for a nice review of our property. I am sorry you did not have the same experience across the street. I also want to thank you for telling your company about your experience. I am pleased that you received the level of service that we strive everyday to achieve. We are very fortunate to have Chris as an employee. He is a huge part of why we do so well. Thanks for staying with us and feel free to stop by for yogurt anytime.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bartlesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Have started coming to Wichita regularly for business. We have tried different hotels and so far this is the best hotel we have found for the money. Hotel staff was always friendly and more than willing to help. The hotel room was clean with plenty of room. Was not the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at BUT for the money you will not find a better room with better staff. Breakfast was typical of any hotel with cold cereal and fresh waffles. Would recommend to anyone looking for for a great deal on a room. Will be back again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi Zachary W,

Thanks for your great response concerning your experience at our hotel. You had my favorite response which was you will be back. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed two nights (a Friday and Saturday night). We had a studio room which included a couch, medium size fridge, microwave, dishwashers (and dishes/silverware of course), and a half-stove. It has everything you could want to for a weekend or week stay. Bring some of your own food and cook it in the room to save some money on restaurants. They also have a snack area right by the front desk in case you want something quick. It is a good size snack bar with a good selection.

The location is good, It is right off the highway and has easy access to get on and off. There are some good restaurants close by too if/when you want to go out. A brewery chain, Granite City, is just down the road and is very good too.

One thing I hope they might add is a pool. Most hotels have them and we were looking forward to one, but found out they don't have one. I'd suggest an indoor pool. I know they are a lot of maintenance, but guests love them!

Overall, great service, great clean room and good set up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Nate,

Thanks for your great response. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I wanted to let you know that the "snack bar" or market as we refer to it is being upgraded with more items, so next time you are in Wichita make sure to it check out. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I hate traveling for work. I am currently here staying for one week. The GM & Chris are super friendly and accommodating, making my stay feel more like home. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and at a great price! I will be staying at TownePlace for all future business trips to Wichita. 5 stars for my great stay and hats off to hiring a great staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Holly,

Thanks for your great review concerning our hotel. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. Chris is very valuable to our team and we are fortunate to have him here. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent a week at the TownePlace Suites Wichita while in town on a business trip. Lodging options are a bit limited in Wichita, and the TownePlace Suites offered a reliable experience. The hotel is basic, but offered a comfortable and clean room.

The room was a good size with a queen size bed, sitting area, and a small kitchen area. They offered the standard continental breakfast in the morning.

Chris checked me in and was great. He was very friendly and offered some good take out dining options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I hope next time we can "Wow" you with our service. Thanks for staying with us!
Topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while my husband was in Kansas Heart Hospital and it is very close! Very nice and very comfortable rooms. Great mattresses, a nice kitchenette, and a nice desk to work at if here on business! Chris was an excellent host and very congenial! I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad that your enjoyed your stay. Chris is a very valuable part of our team. Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Wichita.
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The place looked run down inside, the carpet and rooms reminded me of a motel 6. Just seemed much more dingy than the courtyard that is right across the parking lot and is about the same price. I should have taken pictures, that was my fault but if you go there you will see what I mean, no where near what I expected of a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our hotel was remodeled a few years ago and I am disappointed that it did not appear that way to you. I will meet with my team and see what we can do to improve, Thanks again for your review.

Been to TownePlace Suites Wichita East? Share your experiences!