“Made Business Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Made Business Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed two nights (a Friday and Saturday night). We had a studio room which included a couch, medium size fridge, microwave, dishwashers (and dishes/silverware of course), and a half-stove. It has everything you could want to for a weekend or week stay. Bring some of your own food and cook it in the room to save some money on restaurants. They also have a snack area right by the front desk in case you want something quick. It is a good size snack bar with a good selection.

The location is good, It is right off the highway and has easy access to get on and off. There are some good restaurants close by too if/when you want to go out. A brewery chain, Granite City, is just down the road and is very good too.

One thing I hope they might add is a pool. Most hotels have them and we were looking forward to one, but found out they don't have one. I'd suggest an indoor pool. I know they are a lot of maintenance, but guests love them!

Overall, great service, great clean room and good set up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Nate,

Thanks for your great response. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I wanted to let you know that the "snack bar" or market as we refer to it is being upgraded with more items, so next time you are in Wichita make sure to it check out. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time.

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I hate traveling for work. I am currently here staying for one week. The GM & Chris are super friendly and accommodating, making my stay feel more like home. The rooms are very clean and spacious, and at a great price! I will be staying at TownePlace for all future business trips to Wichita. 5 stars for my great stay and hats off to hiring a great staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Holly,

Thanks for your great review concerning our hotel. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay. Chris is very valuable to our team and we are fortunate to have him here. I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent a week at the TownePlace Suites Wichita while in town on a business trip. Lodging options are a bit limited in Wichita, and the TownePlace Suites offered a reliable experience. The hotel is basic, but offered a comfortable and clean room.

The room was a good size with a queen size bed, sitting area, and a small kitchen area. They offered the standard continental breakfast in the morning.

Chris checked me in and was great. He was very friendly and offered some good take out dining options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I hope next time we can "Wow" you with our service. Thanks for staying with us!
Topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while my husband was in Kansas Heart Hospital and it is very close! Very nice and very comfortable rooms. Great mattresses, a nice kitchenette, and a nice desk to work at if here on business! Chris was an excellent host and very congenial! I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad that your enjoyed your stay. Chris is a very valuable part of our team. Thanks again for staying with us and I look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Wichita.
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The place looked run down inside, the carpet and rooms reminded me of a motel 6. Just seemed much more dingy than the courtyard that is right across the parking lot and is about the same price. I should have taken pictures, that was my fault but if you go there you will see what I mean, no where near what I expected of a Marriott hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our hotel was remodeled a few years ago and I am disappointed that it did not appear that way to you. I will meet with my team and see what we can do to improve, Thanks again for your review.
ARKANSAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great hotel. Clean, comfortable and nice location. Chris (i Hope i have his name correct) was so helpful and nice. It was VERY busy, as there was a basketball tourney in town. I worried that we would hear lots of noise, etc....this was not the case.
Our room was upgraded because the room we originally wanted was not available, so that was great.
We had a suite with a kitchen and a separate bedroom. Lots of room and super comfortable beds and linens.
Keep it up!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. We are very fortunate to have an employee like Chris. He really strives to provide great customer service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I travel approximately 9 months out of the year for business, and throughout my travels I have stayed in nicer locations, but I have never met a staff that was as helpful, accommodating or friendly as the staff in Wichita.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JedSchanz, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Wichita.

Been to TownePlace Suites Wichita East? Share your experiences!