“Decent hotel for a family or extended stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Wichita
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent hotel for a family or extended stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of April. Its not far from good restaurants and right across from the Colonel James Jabara Airport.

The breakfast is lacking in that they have make your own waffles but no meat. They have a small fridge with Pure and Activia brand yogurt which is convenient. Fresh bananas and apples are available daily. Oatmeal and an array of 6 different cereals including Coco Krispies, granola and Kashi Lean crunch are available as well.

Like most hotel breakfasts they have the orange juice and apple juice machines that make the apple juice too sweet and the OJ too thick, but that is to be expected.

I didn't like how they don't leave a paper for you at your door each morning, but that is minuscule. Overall a decent stay.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I were on the road and while this hotel was a bit out of the way for us it was a good choice. It was a nice big room with a full kitchenette and was nice and clean. It was within a mile or two of shopping. It is in a nice upscale neighborhood in east Wichita.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Needed a pet-friendly hotel, used points to pay for 4 night stay. Reserved Queen suite and was upgraded to a King upon arrival. Very nice,clean property with helpful staff. Noted previous comments about restaurants within walking distance,but there are plenty of places within a 5 minute drive. Only negative was housekeeping...they only showed up first day, so had to request towels and shampoo the other evenings. (First time, we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door in the morning,but not on the other days). Feel like this was probably just miscommunication, and it would not deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed January 2012
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stay here on all my trips to Wichita. Friendly staff. Quiet rooms. Office area condusive to work.

Room Tip: I always chose the higher floor, Then I can use the stairs for added exercise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Good, clean - nice stay. I like the location. Easy access to shopping yet quiet place to stay when your in for the night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Pratt, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

On 11/08/2011 I had to have some oral surgery in wichita ks. Because we live 80 miles away and I had to return the next morning, I decided to stay in wichita. My husband, daughter and I stopped in at 10:00AM to see if they had any vacancy. We were not expecting to check in at that time. But after explaining what we needed she found us a room and checked us in. Which ended up being a blessing as i was out of surgery by 1:30Pm and was able to go straight to the room. The double bed suite was very comfortable and extremely clean. The layout of room was very comfortable and pleasing. My family could spread out and I curled up in a very comfortable bed. I've never stayed at a TownePlace before but will definitly look for one again. I did not get the lady's name at the desk but thank you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I found the property to be clean and nice. The first room we were given had a bit of a smoke smell. Since Marriott properties are smoke free, I thought that was odd. When I contacted the front desk to let them know, they immediately moved us to another room. She was very helpful and efficient. The room was comfortable and perfect for our needs. The breakfast was simple, yet worked well for us. I thought this property was a very good value for the price that we paid.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple