“The hotel has a friendly staff...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Wichita - East

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Wichita - East to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Wichita - East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9450 E. Corporate Hills Dr., Wichita, KS 67207 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Wichita - East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #47 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Montclair, New Jersey
“The hotel has a friendly staff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The rooms are pretty comfortable but bed were to hard to sleep in, my only concern and complaint were NO SPANISH CHANNELS but other than that the hotel staff and the rooms were nice!!!
One of the front desk staff girl, gave us a very warm, courteous welcome and made us feel at home.
We had left the town the following day but I will definitely will go back again, but it would be so great if they can get the spanish channels to!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I would recommend Studio Plus to stay at for a night or long term. The staff is great to deal with. The room are roomy as I had a deluxe with full kitchen which kept down my cost and actually ate what I wanted when I wanted. On my return I most certainly stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

This hotel has everything you need to make your stay in Wichita a pleasant one from caring staff to swimming pool and workout room, to clean rooms and spacious kitchens. I had a great time there and you will too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Fairview, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Room was big, but I pulled back the covers on the bed and found hair on the blanket. Really grossed me out. I made sure I washed all the dishes I used after that, and we went to Target and bought a blanket b/c I couldn't bring myself to sleep under those covers. Super cheap, but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Woodward, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Well i was staying to vistit some family in that area i had gotten there a day early so i spent the night at my family my friends house that was overthere aswell and the only reason i just didn't stay with her was because she left town the next day. anyways we get to the hotel the next day and they tell me that they are over booked and i have too stay at the fairfeld inn but they can only pay for one night and i would have to pay fairfeild for the rest of the stay. they also said that they called me 3 times and left two vocie mails a day before i arrived...ofcorse i didn't recieve the vocie mail or the calls. wich was kinda of weird being as i received everyone elses.
so ofcourse i raise hec because my food that i brought is going bad and i drove 24 hours to betold i don't have a room. but they for one night at a hotel that cost twice as much as theirs. so i makes some calls and everything. so far not luck. then the next NIGHT i get CALL back from the the people that i called about what happen asking why i have not CHECK-INN yet. So i ask what they ment and they said they got the reservation back and that STUDIOPLUS said that they would CALL me an notify me about the resevation. Well again i get no call from them.
i get over to the hotel check-inn and i ask them if they can call my cell because i lost it . and what do you know it one it was in my pocket and two it actully rang when they called. and like always i have ful bars. the girl that checked me inn was very nice tho.
now about the rooms...i was afaid to walk barefoot on the floors. there was white stains everywhere on the carpet, also on the bench in the tube their was white stuff all over it(i am hoping it was soap scum.) and of course to top it all off i opened the kitchen cabinet and found a bottle of KY gel. so i went got some cleaning supplys and clean the room my self. the pool was nothing like the picture it was so small i thought it was the huttube at first(and no there is no huttube.
the thing the that really got to me was the fact that they said they are booked for my whole intire stay. then why are you showing rooms still and checking in people. maybe they are afaid of my seeing how bad their rooms are compared to their other peoperties
money wise would had been fine if it wasn't for the fact that i had to restock on food and pay for cleaning supplys.
loctain atleast your surrounded by good hotel to make an escape. other then that not so good.
now to the staff the only people who wasn't rude was the girl who check me in she is the weeked help. and the woman that clean the room when i check-out on monday. other then that the managers are rude a disrespectful and the staff is the same way.
i am very glad to be out of there!
to people who have stayed at this horrid hotel please don't let this be the judge of their cooprates other hotels. i stayed at many studioplus, extendedstaydeluxe,homestead, and extened stay america hotels before. just this studioplus need new mannegment and to retrain their staff on bussniess, respest, and cleaning. and here is the frist thing they sould know the send some to a hotel that is better then yours. ofcourse the probly isn't a worse hotel out there i bet.

• Stayed July 2010
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I started a new job in Wichita on Jul 13, 2009. I booked a stay here from 7/12/09 - 7/30/09. Arrived 7/12/09 to find hotel was overbooked. They said they had me reservations next door at the Fairfield Inn until Tuesday 7/14/09. Called Monday night to see if I needed to get all my stuff in my car and check out Tuesday morning. Was advised that they had me staying at the Fairfield until Sunday 7/19/09. After phone calls to the hotel to find a sutiable "suite-type" hotel instead of the Fairfield Inn, I decided to stay at the Fairfield. I was told that there would possibly be a room Friday for me to check into. I got a charge on my account for 7 days on Sat 7/18/09. I inquired and was told that I was charged for Fri and Sat no show since I didn't call...hello, you guys know where I am at...

Checking in was not a problem on Sunday. They refunded the 7 days and charged me for 5 days (length of stay). The next day, i was charged for the additional 2 nights. I inquired and it was reversed (again). Next day, charged again. Inquired, and it was reversed. Called the manager that day and she was extremely rude. Told me that I was "screwing" her out of money because I was at the Fairfield Inn and they had to foot the bill...hello, I didn't overbook your hotel...and I guess I would "screw" her out of the two nights that I was a no show and then hung up in my face mid-sentence.

Called guest relations at corp and was laughed at while trying to tell my story...

Long story short, the room is about what you'd expect from a hotel that is $49.99/night when everyone else in the area is charging over $70/night. It was clean, accomodating, and had what I needed. The hotel could use some updating to include new carpet.

Stay was nice, but staff (namely management at hotel and guest relations at corp) could use some retooling.

For the money, I wouldn't stay here. Spend a little extra and stay somewhere that people care about you. You could tell this hotel is used by transient workers (construction)...I guess that's why the price is the way it is...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

We were very disappointed in the Studio Suites Hotel. Here's what dissappointed us:

1 - daily housekeeping costs extra/day
2 - There is absolutely no kind of breakfast provided
3 - The room was small, layed out terribly and we had to pay extra for a 2 bed room.
4 - No restaurants near by.

I think you could do much better booking a regular hotel with some kind of breakfast and housekeeping for the same money ... especially if you consider paying the extra fees and buying breakfast every day.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Wichita - East? Share your experiences!