“Saying goodbye to this place” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3800 W. Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67213   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Kansas City, Kansas
“Saying goodbye to this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed here nearly every month the past couple of years but the last few times it has really slidden downhill. My room has been dirty, people noisy, prices rising and they stopped offering SWA frequent miles though the other Hamptons in town still offer them. I am moving on to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
LarryWichita, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita West, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent a night here recently. As a frequent visitor to Hampton Inn's (and other 3-star properties in other chains), we have a reasonably good 'basis for comparison'. This location is okay -- but that's probably at the high end of our experience. Our assessment of the morning breakfast offering was that it was 'okay (but certainly not anything beyond that)'. Our room was clean and comfortable, but - for the rate charged - it would wind up as 'okay (at best)'.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atchison, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is one of the best Hampton's that we have stayed in and we have stayed in several. Very clean, wonderful staff and great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. This is a very quite location even though if is very close to the highway.

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor, very quite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and neat. Its a very quiet hotel, considering it's location next to a highway. The breakfast was ok, but overall great stay here...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times over the years. Whether it was happy times (celebrating Thanksgiving) or sad times (the recent loss of my father) the individuals go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. Also, the front desk staff is great. My most recent stay was overnight on 8/11/12. Driving from Omaha NE and arriving later then expected, the front desk quickly had me checked in. The next morning, when I came down for breakfast, "Logan" asked if I had a good night's rest. Said I slept solid. Going back to my room, seeing that I was still tired and hearing my final destination was Plano, TX , he extended a late check out so I could get additional sleep. I will be traveling between Plano and Omaha many times this year and as long as they have rooms available, I'll be staying here as always.

Steve M

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cherryvale, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at this Hampton when I come to Wichita. My company gives me several choices for my lodging and I always choose this hotel. It is located close to the airport and several restaurants. Rooms are comfortable and clean and my experience with all the staff are pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Comfortable bed, lovely property - crystal clear pool, and exceptionally friendly staff. Only complaint was from our 10-year old that the pull out sleeper sofa was uncomfortable. I'd definitely stay here again. Front desk staff was really helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Wichita West? Share your experiences!