“Convenient Hampton Inn To Layover When Visiting My Sister” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Wichita West (Airport Area)

You added Hampton Inn Wichita West (Airport Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Wichita West (Airport Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3800 W. Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67213   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 84 Hotels in Wichita
Plano, Texas
“Convenient Hampton Inn To Layover When Visiting My Sister”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times over the years. Whether it was happy times (celebrating Thanksgiving) or sad times (the recent loss of my father) the individuals go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. Also, the front desk staff is great. My most recent stay was overnight on 8/11/12. Driving from Omaha NE and arriving later then expected, the front desk quickly had me checked in. The next morning, when I came down for breakfast, "Logan" asked if I had a good night's rest. Said I slept solid. Going back to my room, seeing that I was still tired and hearing my final destination was Plano, TX , he extended a late check out so I could get additional sleep. I will be traveling between Plano and Omaha many times this year and as long as they have rooms available, I'll be staying here as always.

Steve M

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cherryvale, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I usually stay at this Hampton when I come to Wichita. My company gives me several choices for my lodging and I always choose this hotel. It is located close to the airport and several restaurants. Rooms are comfortable and clean and my experience with all the staff are pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Comfortable bed, lovely property - crystal clear pool, and exceptionally friendly staff. Only complaint was from our 10-year old that the pull out sleeper sofa was uncomfortable. I'd definitely stay here again. Front desk staff was really helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Hampton west in Wichita on May 16 for one night. It's right off the highway but finding the entrance required taking some residential back roads. Room was clean. We had a king bed room with pullout sofa my brother slept on; he said it was a bit uncomfortable. That was the only room complaint

• Stayed May 2012
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Wow! We always enjoy our stay at a Hampton Inn, but this stay truly topped the list. The staff was remarkable. Not only were they interested in making our stay the best it could be, they also were such a happy, pleasant group who truly made you feel welcome. The front desk clerks went out of their way to accommodate our every need, and the breakfast women made sure we were happy, too, telling us just to ask if we needed something. The hotel was exceedingly clean, very up-to-date, and the hot breakfast was scrumptious. We stayed five nights, and the breakfast entree changed daily! Their coffee selection includes a "robust" selection in addition to regular and decaf. The Hampton Heavenly Beds are just that, heavenly. Our room was very clean, and we couldn't believe how quiet it was. We never heard one plane even though the hotel is fairly near the airport. We enjoyed the flat screen TV and even had time to watch two movies. Although we left the workout clothes at home, the workout room seemed more than adequate. The temps were cool for May, so we didn't get a change to use the outdoor pool. The rates were very reasonable! We definitely will stay here again when we visit Wichita!

Room Tip: Feel free to tell the front desk people any special needs you have and they will go out of their way...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The following is pretty much a cut-and-paste from my review of the Hampton Inn in Lincoln, Nebraska. Standardization can be a very good thing.

This hotel is very much up to the high standards I've come to expect from my stays at other Hampton Inns. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet.

Room Tip: I don't think there's much difference between rooms in terms of noise and views.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at Hampton Inn Wichita West on our way home from Colorado to Texas and when we arrived, we were extremely tired from driving about 9 hours. The front desk clerk was friendly and had us checked into our room within a few minutes. We had a room with a King Bed and a fold out couch and it was pretty big and real nice and clean. The couch was perfect for our 8 year old son and the King bed (along with the wonderful down pillows), were truly one of the most comfortable beds that my husband and I have ever slept in! We slept so good that we almost didn't want to get out of the bed!

In the morning, they had a Continental breakfast, that is a step or two above what most other hotels serve and they had a really good selection to choose from. My husband really liked the coffee that they had, which is unheard of for him as he never likes hotel coffee (he is a HUGE Starbucks fan!). Our son loved the hot chocolate and I really enjoyed the hot tea!

After having breakfast, we went back to our room and called the front desk to request a late check out of 1 pm since we had checked in so late the night before and it was no problem at all for them to accommodate us.

The entire hotel staff were all friendly and everyone would say hello and ask how we were doing and if there was anything that they could do for us. Even the very nice gentleman outside who was emptying trash came up and helped us as we were cleaning out our car a bit and when we thanked him, he said "of course, anything I can do to make your stay the best!"

If we are ever in Wichita, Kansas again, we will certainly be staying at Hampton Inn Wichita West!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Wichita West (Airport Area)? Share your experiences!