“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Austin, United States
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here overnight on our way to Colorado and had a decent experience. The room was a bit on the small side, the bed was a little too soft, we could hear the people on the floor above us walking around, and the toilet clogged. However, the room was very clean, the Internet was fast, maintenance was very helpful and courteous, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wichita, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Love the staff always smiling and always willing to go the extra mile for their guests, I always feel welcome. Beds are comfortable and clean, always a great breakfast its my home away from home Thanks Hampton

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Manhattan, KS, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was an ok hotel, but the room smelled like smoke. When I complained they pretty much blew it off and said that it was because it was near smoking rooms. Very unsatisfactory. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. The pool was pretty small. It is right next to numerous other hotels. I would try one of those before going back to this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Wichita-East, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear John,
Thank you for your feedback of the Hampton Inn Wichita East. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. I am sorry that your room had an odor and that you were not moved to another room. I will be discussing this with my front desk staff. I do hope that the next time you find yourself in the area you will allow us the chance to make this up.

Dave R
Denison, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Dave Rasmussen , the GM , has trained a customer focused friendly and helpful staff. It is convenient to a number of business parks. The stay was exactly what you should expect from a stay at a Hampton Inn. They met all my room requests, had excellent breakfast choices, good coffee and met every request. There was a hail storm warning and the location was in the projected path of baseball sized hail. Desire. the night clerk, let me park my car under the portico for the duration of the storm. Just had to leave room for any incoming guest. What a personal touch. She also gave me directions to an excellent seafood restaurant nearby. The attitude of the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machines.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
wichita,ks, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hampton Inn is great. I highly recommend these to all family and friends. Great accomendations and services. Staff always great. Great food, clean, easily accessable for hometown and away. Love the points too. Keep up the good work and customer staisfaction.

Fremont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff was very helpful and friendly, and took very good care of us from beginning to end! The complimentary breakfast was great, as we brought our family. The selection of the buffet was great, and there was more than enough food for the 4 hour duration of the breakfast. I used the fitness center, which was basic, but served our needs with a couple of treadmills and a few other pieces of equipment. The hotel was updated, and the rooms had a nice look/feel to them. Beds were very comfortable, too!

Fort Worth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I used my Hilton Honors points to secure 2 rooms for my family to break up a 10 hour drive. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, and the breakfast hit the spot for my entire family. The hotel is an older facility, but much care has been taken to keep it up to date. The kids loved the indoor pool

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Wichita-East? Share your experiences!