“Good place, but it is aging” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5805 W Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67209 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Wichita Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #65 of 78 hotels in Wichita
Holden, Missouri
“Good place, but it is aging”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Got a king room through priceline, the property looked pretty good on their internet site. I stayed there years ago when it was the Canterbury Inn, since that time its been a part of several different chains. The room was adequate, maybe a little small for the King bed and all the other things they stuffed in it. It was clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the free breakfast had numerous selections, cold and hot. The grounds need a keeper, somewhat dirty parking lot and shrubs and grass that are crying for attention. They do have wifi in the rooms, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. I am from a quiet area and it was difficult to tolerate the noise from the expressway that was a stones throw from the front of the property. If I stay there again I will request a room on the back side so I can get a good nights sleep. I am rating them very good because of the room and the staff, if either one was not up to par, I would lower my rating. So if you stay there remember it is a good place in most respects, but is aging and in need of some updates.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by traffic noise, request a room on the back side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Coralville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Motel was exceedingly large with long hallways. Our room was quite a distance from the lobby and hallways had almost a deserted feeling. Parking lot could have been better lighted, especially since we were in Building #4 which was clear in the back. The room itself was fine, bed provided a good night's sleep. Buffet breakfast had lots of options but every "hot" thing we tried was cold so had to nuke it which took away from the taste and quality of the meal. Staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful, however. So, despite some drawbacks, would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

Location wasnt bad along Kellogg but the hotel was very big in terms of long hallways which is fine but it made it feel deserterd during the weekday stay. I bet I walked a half a mile to my room which I did not mind but it was almost spooky. Room and bathroom could have been a little cleaner, found some hairs in bathroom, heavy dust around tv and desk. I would give it another shot when in the area again

• Stayed November 2011
Pella
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

The room was adequate. The breakfast buffet was great! The lady attending the breakfast was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed dinner at a nearby steakhouse.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Caney, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I feel like the they are my family. When I call to set up my reservation. They honestly remember me and call you by name. Mary, Mike, Arion, Crystal are the best, they will go out of their way to make sure you are very satisfied with your stay.The rooms are very nice and clean. I recommend that you give them a try. You won't regret it.

Debbie Stultz

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I set up our wedding accommodations with this hotel and quite a few of our guests stayed there. Plus, my husband and I stayed in the bridal/honeymoon suite for 2 nights. Our room was pretty nice. It had a King size bed (that was pretty comfy and had soft sheets) with a Jacuzzi tub, a living room space, and a sliding glass door that led to the courtyard/pool area. It worked well for our needs, but was not super luxurious. We did get a chance to see the other rooms of our guests and they were pretty standard for a hotel room. The only complaint that I can think of was the hot water. Our guests complained a few times of not having any hot water and we experienced it once. HOWEVER, we learned by trial and error that the knobs in the shower are switched (hot is cold and cold is hot) and luckily we found that out before we were forced with a cold shower. I’m wondering if that was the problem with the other rooms as well. Our Jacuzzi tub had a weird drain that we couldn’t figure out, so we settled by stuffing a washcloth in the drain and it worked fine. The hotel had a lot of reconstruction/remodeling done earlier this year and it is apparent there are a few kinks needing worked out. The girl at the front desk said that they came under new management and is working on all of the issues (although they were few). Can’t really attest to the breakfast because all I had was a bagel, but they offer a full hot breakfast. Every person we encountered was really nice, helpful, and very accommodating and everything we saw was clean and up to par. Also, every room has a refridgerator and microwave.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

this hotel is located by airport and it has nice good size rooms, CLEAN, and check in staff was very friendly. Breakfast was awsome and the Lady who was attending breakfast was very kind , helpful and informative about the city. how ever the entrance of this hotel is little confusing from exit. but i will recomend this hotel to all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Wichita? Share your experiences!