“Flooded Room!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Alburgh, Vermont
“Flooded Room!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am a Platinum Member (for 15 years) so I have stayed at a few Holiday Inn properties…
For the most part the staff are very friendly and welcoming…
Welcome drinks and free breakfast for Platinum members!!!
I stayed twice in the same week and the first stay was great, no complaints…

The second stay was a problem… there was a major storm when I check in…
I woke up with water pouring into the room… major leak.
Went down for breakfast and mentioned it to the front desk… leftt for work.
Returned at 1PM and asked for an update… this is where the problems started!
The worse part of it, was I was dealing with the Guest Relations Manager…
I was inform that many rooms leaked and my room was on the list to be looked at…
After some discussion I was told, the water was vacuumed out and I can go look…
Water was still pouring into the room… closer inspection showed black mould around the leaking area… obviously not first time it leaked!!
Back to the front desk… more “discussion” with the Guest Relations Manager…
Refuse to do anything about it… major attitude… only after I insisted they check me out so I can go to a different hotel did they find me a different room…
No offer for compensation for the hassle..

Many Holiday Inns in the area… you have options…

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We had a huge rain and wind storm during your stay and caused some of our rooms to get wet carpets around the air conditioners. We have been working since the storm to correct the problem so it will not happen in the future. We obviously did not handle the problem very well for you. Next time you visit Wichita let me know so I can personally ensure a pleasant stay for you. Once again thanks for being a Priority Club Platinum member and for choosing our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wichita was the first stop on a sojourn (mega-road-trip) my wife and I were taking from Austin, where I had been working for four months, through Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Deadwood, Yellowstone, and then back home to Los Angeles. Except for Yellowstone, we booked all of our hotels through Hotwire. That site is a bit of a risk, but it proved worthwhile in this instance. We arrived late at night and were pleasantly greeted by the clerk at the front desk. I politely asked her if she could treat us as if we booked our hotel some other way (not on Hotwire), and she said, "don't worry... we'll take good care of you." After such a long day's driving, that was music to my ears. For the rate we received ($70 tax included), my wife and I were supremely pleased with the room. While it lacked power outlets at the desk, the room and bathroom were very clean, and the comfort of the mattress was above average. The inside pool area was very nice, and the small work-out room wasn't bad either. While we paid $70 through Hotwire (and there's no way to guarantee which hotel you're going to get when you book the way we did), I can say that even $100 per night would have been a fair rate for the room we received.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

While this is not the most modern of hotels, the staff were very friendly and the price very reasonable for a Holiday Inn. One little gripe I had was the desk in the room only had one power outlet, so I had to plug in my cell somewhere else while my lap top was plugged in to the desk. I like lots of outlets at the desk!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thanks for letting us know about your recent stay. I agree, we have a great staff. I can appreciate your comments on electrical outlets, I feel the same way about the desk area when I travel. This is something we will look at addressing.
Saint Paul, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Construction mess. 30 minutes to check-in. One of two rooms assigned was to us was not ready at 6:00 p.m. Will not stay here again. If it had been a bit earlier in the day, I would have cancelled and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks letting us know about your experience. We had a large convention in house which was checking in at the same time as you. I am very sorry for the delay you experienced. Our team will look at the process and see what we can do to speed it up in the future.
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited Wichita from the 12th to the 17th of April, the check-in was very fast, and the room was clean and tidy, the AC is perfect and thanks to it I always woke up on time. I was very surprised the toilet didn't have a water spray, I wish they would install some for my future visits

I asked the reception for a power converter, because coming from the other part of the world I have to use 220 volt power supplies, and I was very disappointed they didn't have any.

The location of the hotel is great it is nearby to a mall and lots of shops too.

During my visit a tornado hit Wichita and we stayed in the hotel's shelter for a couple of hours until it was safe again to go back up. It was a very nice experience and the hotel staff were very cooperative.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks for staying with us during your visit to the states. Great suggestion on the power converters we will look into offering that.
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My room was a typical hotel room: adequate, comfortable, and clean. The check-in process went smoothly and the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We had a business function in one of the 9th floor suites though, and I was impressed. These two-floor suites have a kitchenette, 1.5 baths, a huge dining room table, and a good-sized living room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for the review Kristen. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree the Master Suites are incredible!
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for 4 nights. Room was comfortable, didn't try the food but the restaruant/bar was busy with people. They had a small convention and the noise from the dance floor came thru into my room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel while you were in town for business. I know how hard it is to travel for business and not get a good nights sleep. We normally try and book guests not with the convention further away from the ballroom if there will be a dance. I am sorry and will meet with my front desk team regarding this. BTW Thanks for the 5 stars on cleanliness I will let Elda our Executive Housekeeper know you appreciated their hard work.

Been to Holiday Inn Wichita East? Share your experiences!