“Try the 9th floor suites” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #49 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Lawrence, Kansas
“Try the 9th floor suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My room was a typical hotel room: adequate, comfortable, and clean. The check-in process went smoothly and the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. We had a business function in one of the 9th floor suites though, and I was impressed. These two-floor suites have a kitchenette, 1.5 baths, a huge dining room table, and a good-sized living room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for the review Kristen. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree the Master Suites are incredible!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip for 4 nights. Room was comfortable, didn't try the food but the restaruant/bar was busy with people. They had a small convention and the noise from the dance floor came thru into my room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel while you were in town for business. I know how hard it is to travel for business and not get a good nights sleep. We normally try and book guests not with the convention further away from the ballroom if there will be a dance. I am sorry and will meet with my front desk team regarding this. BTW Thanks for the 5 stars on cleanliness I will let Elda our Executive Housekeeper know you appreciated their hard work.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on second floor and for the two days we were there the hallway smelt like a sewer. Front desk had maintenance spray hallway, but it did not help. We also called front desk because my wife is sensitive to dust and was told housekeeping would be to our room shortly, she never came. My wife kept having problems and I went to plug in my laptop charger and pulled out bed and there were chip bags on floor and dust was on carpet and wall. Behond bed looked like it had never been cleaned. The plumbing was also horrible, it would take about twenty minutes for toilet to fill up and tub does not drain. It was like standing in a baby pool to take a shower. We also ate at Green Mill Restaurant and ordered one of those "AWARD WINNING" pizzas and when we got it, it was dripping with grease and was not a good pizza. We were told good things about this hotel and we were very disappointed. We will not return EVER!

• Stayed October 2012
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I heard of no complaints from other guests on any odors or plumbing issues. I am meeting with our maintenance and housekeeping teams today to find what could have been the cause of your problems. With regard to Green Mill I again am sorry you did not enjoy your pizza, we have a great culinary crew and I will mention your comments to them. Green Mill wins awards year after year for their pizza and wings. If you visit Wichita again I hope you will give us another try so you can see the great service we normally deliver. Please feel free to contact me directly to make your next reservation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the jacuzzi suite for this trip which was fantastic. Between the living room, kitchen, dining area, huge bedroom, seperate bath, and jacuzzi area we had all the comforts of home and nice area to relax in after a long day. When I arrived there was a covered area for me to park so I could check in and take up my luggage which was great since it was raining buckets. The desk clerk was very friendly and super fast so I was checked in within minutes. I wish they would have had someone available to help with luggage but they did have luggage racks guests could use by the door which really came in handy. As a smoker I would have appreciated a covered smoking area in the courtyard so I didn't have to sit at the loading area when I went outside but in this non-smoking world I know that is unrealistic. The room was big, clean, and set up perfectly. The kitchen had basic dishes (which I used for the carryout I picked up), plenty of towels for all the various areas...and let's be honest, usually there are never enough towels. The bed had soft and firm pillows.....perfect for picky travelers! My wakeup call was a bit unorthodox. There was a childrens beauty pageant on the groundfloor so there were kids yelling and carrying on up and down the halls by 6am. I can understand out of town pageant people staying in the same hotel that is hosting the pageant but it would have been great if the hotel could have given some sort of warning when I checked in. Check out was fast and painless. Overall a very clean and nice hotel with everything you could need or want for a business or leisure trip!

Room Tip: The back facing room I was given didn't have any traffic noise which was a concern since it is o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us the next time you are in Wichita.
Sedalia, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice now.

Each time the check in is incredibly slow!!! I travel often for business and stay in 2 to 5 star hotels. This has to be the slowest check in of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Both times I was checked in by the same clerk at the desk, so perhaps she is just slower then normal. She is very friendly.

The rooms are each time were very nice and comfortable. there is a coffee pot in the room which is better then most coffee pots that only fix a cup at a time. I wish they had a free mini fridge and microwave.

I visited the bar down stairs and actually had one of the best margarittas I have ever had in my life. The bartender was very busy and doing her best to keep up do to a large crowd, it would have been nice had she had some help behind the counter. However as I said, she made a mean drink which I needed at the end of a long day. I wish I would have caught her name, all I can do is describe her as having dark hair with blonde highlights.

My major complaint with this hotel was that I had NO hot water in the shower. I was there for 2 days, so both mornings I took an ice cold shower which sure woke me up.
As I was in the lobby one morning, I heard several others say they had nothing but hot water. Apparently there was some sort of malfunction resulting in this. I was very disappointed in this.

I travel to the area several times a year and will probably stay here again because of the location however upon checkin and going to my room, I will first thing turn on the water and make sure that I can take a warm shower in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your recent stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us. I agree Green Mill has awesome Margaritas. I am very sorry for your slow check-in. Also we made some upgrades to our water system during your stay which caused a few unforeseen hiccups the next morning. It was corrected later that morning but unfortunately not before your shower! Thanks again for the comments and we look forward to having you stay with in the future.
NW Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on July 19 - 20, 2012.

Upon arrival, I checked in and received my keys. Unfortunately, I was not recognized as a Platinum member of the Priority Club.

My room was located across from the guest laundry room on the 6th floor. The room was your typical Holdiay Inn, The furnishings were comfortable, complete with a chair/ottoman. Great AC, and water pressure in the shower.

The hotel has a great swimming pool and exercise room. Both are well lit.

There is a bar and grill that serves ok food that is attached to the hotel. Unfortunately, as a guest, this Holiday Inn does not offer a free breakfast.

The location of this hotel is in a great place. It is easy to access from Kellogg, Rock Road, and the Turnpike. Town East Mall is straight to the north.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us in the future when traveling to Wichita.
Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent hotel. I came up to Wichita yesterday with my mom, we both have to stay in separate rooms because I am such a light sleeper, so we were looking for something that would be comfortable yet affordable! We went to a few places before and left disappointed. We finally found this close to McConnell Air Force base, so we stopped in. Josh was wonderful! After driving around looking for a nearby hotel, we were very stressed! He was very patient and helpful as he assisted us. The rooms were very clean. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Definitely coming back! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. Josh does an amazing job at our front desk. I will pass along your comments to him.

Been to Holiday Inn Wichita East? Share your experiences!