“Absolutely Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 81 hotels in Wichita
“Absolutely Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked the jacuzzi suite for this trip which was fantastic. Between the living room, kitchen, dining area, huge bedroom, seperate bath, and jacuzzi area we had all the comforts of home and nice area to relax in after a long day. When I arrived there was a covered area for me to park so I could check in and take up my luggage which was great since it was raining buckets. The desk clerk was very friendly and super fast so I was checked in within minutes. I wish they would have had someone available to help with luggage but they did have luggage racks guests could use by the door which really came in handy. As a smoker I would have appreciated a covered smoking area in the courtyard so I didn't have to sit at the loading area when I went outside but in this non-smoking world I know that is unrealistic. The room was big, clean, and set up perfectly. The kitchen had basic dishes (which I used for the carryout I picked up), plenty of towels for all the various areas...and let's be honest, usually there are never enough towels. The bed had soft and firm pillows.....perfect for picky travelers! My wakeup call was a bit unorthodox. There was a childrens beauty pageant on the groundfloor so there were kids yelling and carrying on up and down the halls by 6am. I can understand out of town pageant people staying in the same hotel that is hosting the pageant but it would have been great if the hotel could have given some sort of warning when I checked in. Check out was fast and painless. Overall a very clean and nice hotel with everything you could need or want for a business or leisure trip!

Room Tip: The back facing room I was given didn't have any traffic noise which was a concern since it is o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us the next time you are in Wichita.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sedalia, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice now.

Each time the check in is incredibly slow!!! I travel often for business and stay in 2 to 5 star hotels. This has to be the slowest check in of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Both times I was checked in by the same clerk at the desk, so perhaps she is just slower then normal. She is very friendly.

The rooms are each time were very nice and comfortable. there is a coffee pot in the room which is better then most coffee pots that only fix a cup at a time. I wish they had a free mini fridge and microwave.

I visited the bar down stairs and actually had one of the best margarittas I have ever had in my life. The bartender was very busy and doing her best to keep up do to a large crowd, it would have been nice had she had some help behind the counter. However as I said, she made a mean drink which I needed at the end of a long day. I wish I would have caught her name, all I can do is describe her as having dark hair with blonde highlights.

My major complaint with this hotel was that I had NO hot water in the shower. I was there for 2 days, so both mornings I took an ice cold shower which sure woke me up.
As I was in the lobby one morning, I heard several others say they had nothing but hot water. Apparently there was some sort of malfunction resulting in this. I was very disappointed in this.

I travel to the area several times a year and will probably stay here again because of the location however upon checkin and going to my room, I will first thing turn on the water and make sure that I can take a warm shower in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your recent stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us. I agree Green Mill has awesome Margaritas. I am very sorry for your slow check-in. Also we made some upgrades to our water system during your stay which caused a few unforeseen hiccups the next morning. It was corrected later that morning but unfortunately not before your shower! Thanks again for the comments and we look forward to having you stay with in the future.
NW Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on July 19 - 20, 2012.

Upon arrival, I checked in and received my keys. Unfortunately, I was not recognized as a Platinum member of the Priority Club.

My room was located across from the guest laundry room on the 6th floor. The room was your typical Holdiay Inn, The furnishings were comfortable, complete with a chair/ottoman. Great AC, and water pressure in the shower.

The hotel has a great swimming pool and exercise room. Both are well lit.

There is a bar and grill that serves ok food that is attached to the hotel. Unfortunately, as a guest, this Holiday Inn does not offer a free breakfast.

The location of this hotel is in a great place. It is easy to access from Kellogg, Rock Road, and the Turnpike. Town East Mall is straight to the north.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us in the future when traveling to Wichita.
Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent hotel. I came up to Wichita yesterday with my mom, we both have to stay in separate rooms because I am such a light sleeper, so we were looking for something that would be comfortable yet affordable! We went to a few places before and left disappointed. We finally found this close to McConnell Air Force base, so we stopped in. Josh was wonderful! After driving around looking for a nearby hotel, we were very stressed! He was very patient and helpful as he assisted us. The rooms were very clean. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Definitely coming back! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. Josh does an amazing job at our front desk. I will pass along your comments to him.
Watertown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The exterior of the hotel definitely makes a poor first impression. The lobby, however, is very nice as was the staff. I had a king-bed room, and it was fine. My first problem was when I took my son to the pool. The outside pool was closed even though it was Memorial Day weekend, and the indoor pool area had a ton of standing water and very moldy floors. My next problem was that the Nickelodean Channel did not work. I ordered some cartoons for my son on the pay-per-view, and it was listed as $9.95. When I got my bill I was charged over $11. I included the same information on the survey I received after my stay and checked the box stating I would like a follow-up contact from a manager. They never contacted me. I will definitely avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry about the problems you experienced. We offer an expanded selection of television channels for our guests and I have verified that Nick is available in the guest rooms, I apologize that it was not working properly in your room on the day of your visit. We closed our outdoor pool last year as part of an improvement project at the hotel to make room for upgrades to the hotel, we do still offer our large indoor pool. It is very popular and I have visited with the staff at the property to more frequently remove the excess water that splashes out from use. We appreciate your comments and hope you will give us the opportunity to win back your business.
Ulysses, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

On Sunday Feb. 26th, 2012 I went to Wichita with my oldest daughter so that she could take a test important for her Masters Degree in Social Work on Monday the 27th. Our reservations were actually made at the La Quinta Inn & Suites at 7335 East Kellogg. Upon arrival while checking in I stated I wanted to pay cash for my room rather than use the card that it was held with as it was my business account. I was informed that I could only use a credit card, it would be charged in full & I could pay cash in the morning & have my Card creditted back, maybe in 3 to 5 days maybe longer. I asked to talk to a manger was told said manger was out of town. I made it very clear when I made the reservation that I wiold be paying cash on arrival and was reassured that would not be a problem. I was eventually asked to leave the hotel and find a room elsewhere. We went to the Holiday Inn at 549 Rock Road. We were treated very nicely, I applied cash to the bill and my daughters card was only charged the remaining balance. THe rooms and the staff were excellant. I will definitely be staying there again.!!!!! The desk clerks both the night before and the morning of our check out (2-27-12) were excellant thank you very much!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay. Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Russell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Your average Holiday Inn. Nice sized rooms, fast friendly check-in.

This property was renovated a couple years ago and is pretty well cared for. The bed was older and firmer than I like, not the plush pillow-top that has become pretty standard. Smallish bathroom. Plenty big for one, but if two people are trying to get ready in the morning, one of you will just have to wait.

Heat and air is handled capably via PTAC which did the job just fine, though I much prefer a thermostat to the warmer/colder knob that makes you guess what the temperature will be.

All in all I was happy with the value/price ratio and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware that the "suites" have the bedroom in a loft, so if stairs are a problem don'...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for letting us know about your recent visit. Next time you stay ask about our Jacuzzi Suites, they are all on one level and may be more ideally suited to your needs. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!

Been to Holiday Inn Wichita East? Share your experiences!