“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 78 hotels in Wichita
Hays, Kansas
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Excellent hotel. I came up to Wichita yesterday with my mom, we both have to stay in separate rooms because I am such a light sleeper, so we were looking for something that would be comfortable yet affordable! We went to a few places before and left disappointed. We finally found this close to McConnell Air Force base, so we stopped in. Josh was wonderful! After driving around looking for a nearby hotel, we were very stressed! He was very patient and helpful as he assisted us. The rooms were very clean. One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Definitely coming back! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. Josh does an amazing job at our front desk. I will pass along your comments to him.

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Watertown, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The exterior of the hotel definitely makes a poor first impression. The lobby, however, is very nice as was the staff. I had a king-bed room, and it was fine. My first problem was when I took my son to the pool. The outside pool was closed even though it was Memorial Day weekend, and the indoor pool area had a ton of standing water and very moldy floors. My next problem was that the Nickelodean Channel did not work. I ordered some cartoons for my son on the pay-per-view, and it was listed as $9.95. When I got my bill I was charged over $11. I included the same information on the survey I received after my stay and checked the box stating I would like a follow-up contact from a manager. They never contacted me. I will definitely avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I am very sorry about the problems you experienced. We offer an expanded selection of television channels for our guests and I have verified that Nick is available in the guest rooms, I apologize that it was not working properly in your room on the day of your visit. We closed our outdoor pool last year as part of an improvement project at the hotel to make room for upgrades to the hotel, we do still offer our large indoor pool. It is very popular and I have visited with the staff at the property to more frequently remove the excess water that splashes out from use. We appreciate your comments and hope you will give us the opportunity to win back your business.
Ulysses, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

On Sunday Feb. 26th, 2012 I went to Wichita with my oldest daughter so that she could take a test important for her Masters Degree in Social Work on Monday the 27th. Our reservations were actually made at the La Quinta Inn & Suites at 7335 East Kellogg. Upon arrival while checking in I stated I wanted to pay cash for my room rather than use the card that it was held with as it was my business account. I was informed that I could only use a credit card, it would be charged in full & I could pay cash in the morning & have my Card creditted back, maybe in 3 to 5 days maybe longer. I asked to talk to a manger was told said manger was out of town. I made it very clear when I made the reservation that I wiold be paying cash on arrival and was reassured that would not be a problem. I was eventually asked to leave the hotel and find a room elsewhere. We went to the Holiday Inn at 549 Rock Road. We were treated very nicely, I applied cash to the bill and my daughters card was only charged the remaining balance. THe rooms and the staff were excellant. I will definitely be staying there again.!!!!! The desk clerks both the night before and the morning of our check out (2-27-12) were excellant thank you very much!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hiwichita, General Manager at Holiday Inn Wichita East, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thanks for letting us know about your stay. Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Russell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Your average Holiday Inn. Nice sized rooms, fast friendly check-in.

This property was renovated a couple years ago and is pretty well cared for. The bed was older and firmer than I like, not the plush pillow-top that has become pretty standard. Smallish bathroom. Plenty big for one, but if two people are trying to get ready in the morning, one of you will just have to wait.

Heat and air is handled capably via PTAC which did the job just fine, though I much prefer a thermostat to the warmer/colder knob that makes you guess what the temperature will be.

All in all I was happy with the value/price ratio and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware that the "suites" have the bedroom in a loft, so if stairs are a problem don'...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for letting us know about your recent visit. Next time you stay ask about our Jacuzzi Suites, they are all on one level and may be more ideally suited to your needs. Thanks again for choosing our hotel!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

Excellent hotel, excellent service. Perfect. Centrally located

• Stayed October 2011
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I had our wedding reception here. She looked at over a dozen places before selecting the Holiday Inn at Rock & Kellogg. She said for everything that's included the price was the best. You might be able to get a hall someplace else cheaper initially but by the time you add in linens, catering, etc the Holiday Inn is significantly cheaper.

The setup before the reception was great. Everything was ready the night before. Their room layout was very logical and they worked well with the other vendors (D.J., cake place, etc).

They catered the food at the reception also. The choices were pretty decent and I think we were able to meet all the guests dietary needs. The food itself was great. It's some of the best "wedding food" I've had. The wait staff was also very friendly. Our bartender was amazing! I wish I had gotten her name!

Our room was amazing! You get the honeymoon suite when you have your reception there. It was two large rooms. The bedroom also had a hot-tub in the room.

Overall it was a great reception/stay. I highly suggest it for anyone looking for a place for their wedding!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Nothing spectacular but very clean, comfortable rooms at good rates. Nearby restaurants....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Wichita East? Share your experiences!